JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
  2. Want to Trade For
City
Elma
State
Washington
Found one!!!:D:D:D

Success!!!! I recently found an late 80's Technics SD-A620 stereo system. It's loud and proud but the cabinet rack is typical pressboard junk of that day so now I'm looking for a stereo cabinet, anyone have a decent one taking up space you want to get rid of?
LMK what you have that you can part with.

Have cash or I can trade fishing trips in the spring, summer & fa.;)

Convo for quickest response.

7DB6066C-A363-4C16-B1B1-0E3DA5865BB3.jpeg

0D17A4D1-31DD-437B-AE6B-93F799380246.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Goodwill sells old school stereo components for $15. The store I browsed had outlets nearby so that you could ensure they turn on and the lights functioned.

Estate sales are the best places I've seen for quality sets. Just look at upcoming sales in your neighborhood on Estatesale-Finder.com.
They always show some pics of audio equipment.

Last Edited:
If you run across something and want to know more about it or even if it's worth the asking just mention it here. I bet there are a lot of us into audio - you can count me as one of them. Lotsa scams out there - do a search on "white van speakers".

^^^ This ^^^

If you find something and want to know more, just post up here.

I used to have stacks and stacks of "vintage" Yamaha gear I picked up at estate sales, Goodwill, Salvation Army and local CL. I fixed, repaired, tested and sold off most of it some years ago. Wife said I was addicted...I responded with "I'm just keeping busy, dear."

YamStack01_zps329d61b0.jpg

Besides my main system and a small garage/shop system, the only one I have left out of that stack is my alarm clock which consists of a Yamaha CR-1020 receiver, a Pioneer timer, a pair of NHT bookshelf speakers and a pair of no-name stands.

2018%20bdrm%20system_zpsc56ydkh2.jpg

The main system is a heck of a lot more complicated....

As always I know that I can count on my brother's here in this community for just about any topic.:cool:
As in the OP, I'm just looking for a medium to small sized unit to fit in my new Gun Room (I want an LP turntable also).:D
Thanks.;)

Vintage gear is great since most of them can be refurbished - so long as "through hole" components are available they can be kept going almost indefinitely. Newer stuff just goes in the landfill if anything breaks.

Your best bet by far on turntables are used ones. You can find lots of good ones on CL pretty inexpensively. Make sure that whatever receiver, integrated, or preamp has a phono input or you will need a separate phono pre-amp. Otherwise it won't sound right - records are recorded on a "curve" to lessen surface noise and need to be electronically "straightened out" to sound normal.

^^^ This ^^^

If you find something and want to know more, just post up here.

I used to have stacks and stacks of "vintage" Yamaha gear I picked up at estate sales, Goodwill, Salvation Army and local CL. I fixed, repaired, tested and sold off most of it some years ago. Wife said I was addicted...I responded with "I'm just keeping busy, dear."

View attachment 523112

Besides my main system and a small garage/shop system, the only one I have left out of that stack is my alarm clock which consists of a Yamaha CR-1020 receiver, a Pioneer timer, a pair of NHT bookshelf speakers and a pair of no-name stands.

View attachment 523113

The main system is a heck of a lot more complicated....

Yamaha fan myself - I have two B-2's (one being refurbed, then the other one gets it), an M-2 and an M-4

View%20From%20Door_zpscz2qk1xq.jpg
Amps_zpsh5xr5ctk.jpg

If you want to get educated, hang out at audiokarma.org a bit. There is a bit of snake oil that gets taken seriously there (bi-wiring (not to be confused with bi-amplifying), cable risers, silver wire, etc.) , but the knowledge base is impressive! You can pretty easily find out the good, bad, and ugly there - vintage and new. There is a thread where people post things they find on Craigslist and others that can be of help as well.

thevintageknob.org is also a great place to browse. The site has a lot of the original literature on some of the more significant and popular gear as well as some good commentary by the site's owner. Not everything is there, but there is a lot. Unfortunately that Sansui 8080 is not listed there, though it should be.

When you start looking for receivers and amplifiers get a cheap set of speakers, as cheap as possible, and use those on unknown gear to avoid harming your nice ones.

Goodwill has an auction site, shopgoodwill.com. Lots of vintage stereo equipment as well as anything else you can think of.

If you run across something and want to know more about it or even if it's worth the asking just mention it here. I bet there are a lot of us into audio - you can count me as one of them. Lotsa scams out there - do a search on "white van speakers".

Haha, "white van speakers". Those guys pulled up in the parking lot of the warehouse where I use to work: "psst hey, we got these accidentally they don't know we have them and we need to sell them before we go back to the factory blah blah". I let them do their thing and they were in the process of getting a sale from the owners stupid kid who was salivating and lusting hard at getting these "awesome and expensive" stolen speakers (as the sellers represented them) for cheap at a huge discount.

I tell the kid, "Kid, don't buy them,. these guys are either liars or thieves and they can't be trusted in either case". One of the dudes doing the sale stops and stares as I'd interrupted his sure thing sale: "What did you say there sport?" he aggressively asked as he gets off the truck. Looked like we were going to mix it up so I stepped up to him and staring right back noted: "You're either fuc*king liars or your fuc*king thieves, tell you what "sport", wait here I'm calling the police and lets see what they say".

The whole time this conflict is occurring the owners dumb son is trying to get me to back off as I'm nixing his "great deal" on these "high end" speakers. As I start to walk off the seller dude calls after me, wait, don't call" in a decidedly more polite tone of voice. I come back and after a short discussion the guy admits this is simply how they market the speakers, pretending that they are stolen but they are not and he shows ups paperwork to support it. Haha, owners greedy stupid son later learned the truth, that they are a total rip off and was very appreciative. At that point I wasn't interested in talking to the greedy idiot at all and stalked off in disgust.

I tore my multiple component system down years ago, and chose the Bose Wave.

They ain't awful, but they can't replace (for me) what my main system or even my TV system will do. My living room TV is essentially a monitor for a media server. Almost everything is controlled by JRiver Media Center. Computer, amps, etc on a small rack behind the TV so it's all hidden.

Wife Acceptance Factor (WAF) is high and it's totally easy to use. Music and movies stored on my NAS through JRiver, Netflix and other streaming through the web, local channels through the antenna (we cut the cord).

What you see from the front:
1583445016533.png

And what is behind it (more had been added since I added the sub which totally completes the Paradigm speakers):
1583445149998.png

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.