JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been perfecting this stand for about a year. You can check it out on the link below.(Sorry can't post pics 'cause I am not and won't be a $$ contributor). Check it at my site

* Nothing but black iron pipes and fittings, rebar and a armored plate.
* Material cost ~$100. Most expensive part is the plate.
* Takes less than a minute to assemble in the field
* Easy to transport and store

Not for sale. So this does not belong under Classifieds.

Hope it tickles your imagination.

mysite.verizon.net/tikkaman/stand/

I built a similar setup recently out of PVC (for cheap repairs, hehe)
Has your stand caught any fire? If so, how does it hold up? So far I haven't shot mine, but its been taken down a time or two by my friends. Also, hows the weight?
Very cool setup!

Last Edited:
Maybe it should be for sale? I would buy one :)
Materials cost alone is about $100. W/o a high volume mfg setup the labor costs is very high. There is no way I'd ask less than, say, $250. I don't think there will be any takers at that price point. But, thanks for the comment. I take it as a compliment. It is a fun project for anyone with minimal skills, though.

Has your stand caught any fire?
It is made of 100% metal, so it cannot catch on fire. :) hehe. Bad joke. I have been perfecting it over a year. Nothing like fields tests to shoot down poor ideas (pun intended). As long as you don't hit the rebar, it will hold up pretty good for many, many shots. A scratch to any of the two 40" vertical rebar weakens it and will eventually bend and break. Solution: carry spares. Takes seconds to replace. Rebar is cheap. The 1" pipes can take the fire pretty well. The ½" tubes can't so I also carry spares. The most vulnerable part is the ½" tube holding the plate. Even if you never hit any part in the stand but the plate, the constant pounding loosens the nut and deforms the tube. Locktite red helps a lot. I also put a 8" long rebar inside the tube to increase is durability. I either replace shot up parts or hammer ‘em back into shape. I also file off any sharp edges to prevent cuts and tears, but in the field I cover holes and knicks with duct tape (never leave home w/o it).

hows the weight?
Total weight is about 33lb. The base is made up of 1" black iron pipes, measures 28"x22" and weights just under 17lb. The 8" armored plate weights 6.5lb. I've hit it with hot .308Win rounds and 7.52x54R from 50yds and I have not been able to knock it over.

I built a similar setup recently out of PVC (for cheap repairs, hehe)
PVC is cheap and easy to put together. Made a couple of PVC shooting stands for paper targets. But the armored plate necessitates the much heavier metal tubing base to hold up to the punishment and to stay put. Someday I might take some video with a phone camera and post it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top