JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's a study about masks, particle size. and filtration in case anyone has an interest in reality.

For the TLDR crowd:

Real world effectiveness at capturing coronavirus size particles:
Mask-Fit-Test-Smart-Air-Saint-Cyr-EN-768x576.png

Bottom line: Masks can filter particles as small as 0.007 microns – 10 times smaller than viruses, and much, much smaller than PM2.5. What's more, they work surprisingly well, even while people are wearing them. Surgical masks are perform less well cheap but are cheaper and more readily available.

No mask, I just 'duck walk' backwards when entering the grocery store and everywhere inside de stoh...It's tough getting the groceries onto the belt..., but I manage.
With your new found "backwards skills" you should be able to give yourself a fine-looking haircut !

Myself, I'm going to bring back the mullet. I can't get the back very well and not sure if I can trust the wife
with hair clippers.
You should see how she has butchered defenseless shrubs with her hedge trimmers !

My wife cuts off to the bone what I have left with a Wahl Sr with no comb attachment so it looks like what few particles of hair I have left were shaved off.

I compensate with my Papa Smurf white beard.

For a start, I knocked the sawdust off a Harbor Freight mask that was hanging in the garage. To add credibility, I cut a liner from a Dollar Store microfiber carwash towel. Cutting microfiber toweling free-hand is tricky, so I used the black thingy in the picture as a guide. It's a rubber coaster, also from the Dollar Store.

Will this sort of mask work? Extremely well if only worn to avoid being hassled by the mask police.

Will it work better than that? Already tested, it will actually contain a wet cough. The liner can be washed later to remove loogies. Since many liners can be cut from one microfiber towel, I'll maybe rethink washing them out.

Better than that even? I hope to report on overall effectiveness in about 6 months. Meanwhile, skipping a few Saturday night baths is working wonders to enforce that 6-foot separation stuff.

What, you expected a picture of me wearing this thing?

20200405_100039.jpg

Wife made one for the teddy, so we can try to talk the two year old to wear one!!!

479AD034-C0B8-4B67-8968-323270B3B08D.jpeg

Think layers. Not so many that you can't breathe but stack several layers of thin, breathable fabric. Moisture wicking sport/golf shirts, panty hose, hi tech hiking socks, etc. What's laying around the house and in plain sight?
layers, and gaps around where the mask meets the face. any gaps, when you breathe in.. kinda pointless... I guess it depends on how dense of a cloud of virus vapors one finds oneself in, or, how lucky you feel.. Murphy's Law for me would for sure if one viri can find the one tiny crack in my mask, it will.

layers, and gaps around where the mask meets the face. any gaps, when you breathe in.. kinda pointless... I guess it depends on how dense of a cloud of virus vapors one finds oneself in, or, how lucky you feel.. Murphy's Law for me would for sure if one viri can find the one tiny crack in my mask, it will.
Well now they're saying that basically anything will help so it's all good. That opened the flood gates for everyone to post their mask recipes on you tube. Might as well have fun with it whether it is effective or not. Civilization is a party. You can participate as much or as little as you want. Tree pollen is my nemesis. I can't take meds for it so I'm ready to stuff cheeze doodles up my nose. That will be my Corona era fashion statement.

Well now they're saying that basically anything will help so it's all good. That opened the flood gates for everyone to post their mask recipes on you tube. Might as well have fun with it whether it is effective or not. Civilization is a party. You can participate as much or as little as you want. Tree pollen is my nemesis. I can't take meds for it so I'm ready to stuff cheeze doodles up my nose. That will be my Corona era fashion statement.
has nothing to do with me or anyone choosing to join the civilization party or not. :) I simply want the best protection for myself and mine as the pros want and know really works. That's all.

has nothing to do with me or anyone choosing to join the civilization party or not. :) I simply want the best protection for myself and mine as the pros want and know really works. That's all.
Well I hope that you find a solution somewhere. Perhaps it isn't on this thread then. Good luck.

Like I said earlier. If you are still judging people at this point. Well read the earlier post.

Misinformed and annoyed, I'm trying to be positive as much as I can and try to be nice to all those here. You guys are my main online community. So I wish all those here the best!

I ordered cloth masks that should be here later this week. I have 2 N95 masks in the shop, the rest of the box I donated to where my wife works. Will the cloth masks work or wont they who no knows for certain. I would rather weigh on the edge of caution and look like a goob.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top