JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I tend to carry a handgun when hunting, in part because the land I am hunting has some serious pucker-brush. Last weekend I opted to carry 'The Outlaw,' a .45 Colt cartridge conversion. It's compact and a good shooter, and a mid-range 200gr RNFP ought to do the job just fine on the local blacktails. The gun is a five-shooter with notches for the firing pin between the cylinders, so if is safe to carry fully loaded.
OT2ELra.jpg

I used the holster for my Colt Frontier Scout and it worked well enough but it's too long and not a perfect fit. I decided that it was time that this gun had it's own holster, so I worked on one this week between other projects. Finished it today- it's a simple western-style holster. Nothing fancy, not lined, just a good, basic holster. I used a piece of 7-8oz. tooling leather and the whip-stitched edges are #7 linen cord. The holster is finished with Fiebing's Carnauba Wax finish. The hammer-spur loop holds the gun securely but is easy to remove to draw the gun. Pretty happy with how it has come out, and I'll be trying it out in the field this weekend.
MhO56Ii.jpg

I made the sheath on the bottom for a fine hunting knife I made years ago. The knife had real elephant ivory scales so I used tanned deerhide as a lining. The scales were pretty thick so there is a heavy double leather filler that holds the knife by the guard. The knife was razor sharp and I didn't want it to cut its way out. The knife was stolen but I guess they didn't like the sheath. It works fine for my Puma jagernicker. The finish C5AD07CD-07DD-4A29-9EC5-B656A93D71E3.jpeg is natural and it is made from the heaviest available saddle leather. The lacing is waxed linen thread. I was going to use rawhide or sinew but couldn't find any at the time. Your holster is lovely you are much more talented than I am. I have been looking for a similar holster for my 4" 629 but most in that style are only fitted for SAA revolvers. I have been looking at John Bianchi's stuff. My birthday is close.......might have to order one from him.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top