JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just to pass along a case lube I made yesterday from what I read on AR15.com.

Case Lube for cheap bastards - Page 1 - AR15.COM

Price for supplies:

4fl oz Liquid Lanolin from Super Supplements - $7.50 +/-
16fl oz of 99% Isopropyl Alcohol from Safeway - $2.79
Spray Bottle from Wal-Mart - $0.99

I mixed 2fl oz of Liquid Lanolin to 16fl oz of 99% Isopropyl Alcohol (I pre-warmed both of the liquid in hot water before I mixed them together in the spray bottle, I think the ratio is a little thick, but it is good enough for me)

I usually do 4oz to 64oz alcohol, it mixes a lot thinner, means less cleanup later, and lanolin is the expensive stuff, alcohol is about $2/32 oz at walmart. If you mix it too thick you end up having to shake it a lot otherwise it settles out, and you get big globs of lanolin on your brass (bad causes case dents).

If you mix it thinner it's also easier to clean up, also a little lanolin goes a long way.

Try Pledge furniture wax...smells lemony too!

Just about anything slippery works fine for case lube...it's the proper application that most people screw up. Not enough and you end up with a stuck case, too much and you dent the cases and/or have a mess to clean up afterward.

I've been using Hornady One Shot spray case lube for the past couple years and have never had a problem...no mixing required either.

Just to pass along a case lube I made yesterday from what I read on AR15.com.

Case Lube for cheap bastards - Page 1 - AR15.COM

Price for supplies:

4fl oz Liquid Lanolin from Super Supplements - $7.50 +/-
16fl oz of 99% Isopropyl Alcohol from Safeway - $2.79
Spray Bottle from Wal-Mart - $0.99

I mixed 2fl oz of Liquid Lanolin to 16fl oz of 99% Isopropyl Alcohol (I pre-warmed both of the liquid in hot water before I mixed them together in the spray bottle, I think the ratio is a little thick, but it is good enough for me)

I used this for quite awhile and it works well.

I've been using Hornady One Shot spray case lube for the past couple years and have never had a problem...no mixing required either.

I've gone to the One Shot lube and like it very well.

For years I used the Lanolin/Alcohol mix. Finally got tired of having to clean the sticky lube off the cases and just bit the bullet. Bought a spray bottle of the Hornady One-Shot and moved on. Follow the instructions for cleaning the sizing die first then lubing it with the One-Shot and it works great. No more sticky brass or finished ammo.

I still keep a tub of Hornady Unique handy for sizing jobs I know will be tough or am just doing a few cases. The tub is several years old and I estimate it will last at least 10 more. Case lube, if used properly goes a long way and thus isn't that expensive where I feel the need to get 'el-cheapo'.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top