JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here are some original front sight...and yes they are low and small...:D
Andy
Sights.jpg

Sights 2.jpg

Right now, in between the hundred of other things that need doing on my boat, I've been fashioning my version of
a, "Buck horn" out of the rest of that brass hinge. The loops that the hinge pin goes through looked like one of them might make a neat peep sight, but it was to small. :(

Pictures as soon as I solder it together. :rolleyes: Then again, I may just look at it and drop it into the bucket.

Summer is over, so last night I broke down and bought a "TC" lock on e-bay. Now I'll have a lock, a complete barrel and a "Set" trigger.
I'd better start getting ready to make some chips out of the chunk of wood I have in the garage.
Baby_with_hammer.gif Beam.jpg
What do you think? Plains, or Kentucky? A Plains style would mean cutting one less dovetail
into the barrel. Or, should I just hold off for a better piece of wood? This is Fir.

Last Edited:
With a, TC lock, Trigger Guard and Butt Plate in the mail....
I'm beginning to feel like Johnny Cash, getting it one piece at a time.
I hope, "Egor" brings me all of the right parts for my, "Franken Gun".

Well, ....Ratzenfratz !!! Weather_Boy_in_rain.gif

Saturday, I went to lay out my stock pattern on that block of wood I have in the garage. On close examination, I found it had started to split in several places. I got so disgusted I went in and bought a used TC Renegade stock on e-Bay. It should be here tomorrow. Then let the game begin....

Had to do some cutting on the butstock to fit a curved brass butt plate and the saw got away from me a bit.
I got lazy and tried to cut a curve on my bandsaw with a 1/2" wide metal cutting blade.
I don't think I Bubba'ed it up too badly. Nose cap should be here tomorrow. So far the only wrong part I've bought
is a trigger guard. I still have to cut a dovetail for the barrel retainer, make a barrel retainer, make a washer for the
lock bolt and make a wedge and wedge plates. Lots of file work left to do, but there's no hurry.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top