JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
These things are addictive...:eek:
Here is the lock so far. Tough work with a drill press, grinder, hacksaw and files. :mad:
Don't know if it will be a rifle, or pistol. That depends on the barrel I find.:)
I cheated and used coil springs. :D
Pattern off of the WEB with needed modifications.:rolleyes:
DSCF4560.jpg
DSCF4562.jpg DSCF4563.jpg DSCF4568.JPG

Nice looking lock...
Interesting layout of the internals...Just for comparison here is a internal view of an original percussion lock.
( Not trying to show anyone one up here...just showing for comparison and discussion )
Andy
P1110227[1].JPG

This was going to be a copy of pistol shown on the WEB, "Hardware Store Muzzle Loader" but the further I got into
it, (Working from the video), I found nothing fit right and 3/8" steel plate does not lend itself well to working with home shop tools.:confused:
I had to make several modifications and used whatever I had on hand.:eek:
Now to find a barrel.:rolleyes:

Nice looking lock...
Interesting layout of the internals...Just for comparison here is a internal view of an original percussion lock.
( Not trying to show anyone one up here...just showing for comparison and discussion )
Andy
View attachment 579850
Andy, those guys had to have been watchmakers as well as gunsmiths. Flat springs, ARGH ! To make one of
those is a project in itself. There are some good videos that show how to make them.:)
Everything on YouTube a? :rolleyes:

I would be interested in how much you paid for the bbl on sneebay
What config was the bbl? Fast slow dia .?
I have some I need to sell.
As well as some bullet molds and wheel weights and pure dead lead.
It's addicting alright. My pure lead is still in the shipping box marked 42#

turg,
With tax & shipping $69.00. In the white, un-drilled, 32" long, 15/16 across the flats. It's rifled, unknown twist. This will be my first time, "Building", a muzzle loading rifle. I just recently built a Matchlock Smooth Bore. The last time I owned a ML rifle, (years ago) I just payed my money and took my chances.:rolleyes:

I'll be looking for a .50 Maxi-Ball mold before long.:)

Last Edited:
These things are addictive...:eek:
Here is the lock so far. Tough work with a drill press, grinder, hacksaw and files. :mad:
Don't know if it will be a rifle, or pistol. That depends on the barrel I find.:)
I cheated and used coil springs. :D
Pattern off of the WEB with needed modifications.:rolleyes:
View attachment 579772
View attachment 579774 View attachment 579775 View attachment 579776

I only wish I had such a nice place to work. I cleaned my .54 percussion sitting on the
floor of the bedroom drawing the water out of the tub & pouring the waste into the
toilet... Ah well, some day...
Longbeard

Been there, done that...:rolleyes:
The ring is a bugger to get out of the tub.:eek:
Next time try a bucket of soapy water with a shotgun swab on your cleaning rod.
The wet swab creates a suction in the barrel that pulls the water in and out, or you
can just pour the water into the barrel.:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top