JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, so something is going on inside your home that creates a need for your firearm.
Training Question:
In that split moment, will you remember extra mags also??

This news story has a woman in a gunfight, that has to go fetch another firearm during a gunfight!!

HOME INVASION SHOOTOUT!! Woman Doubles Downs On Home Defense
The intruder pushed his way in, put a gun to his head and said, "This is a robbery, give it up."

http://tinyurl.com/2Guns2SaveLives

I think this is one of those dam if you do and dam if you don't have your firearm readily available at all times. We females are more inclined to not carry their firearm at all times, it's just how we think but of course that is not all females. My attire in the house at night is either leggings which will not work well thinking carrying a firearm but instead always when wearing leggings carry a fix blade that easily clips to the leggings. When wearing jeans I am sporting a Glock 26 with two spare magazines but when out of the house carry my Kimber full-size 1911.

To me what is critical is to have a "go to" firearm with spare mags easily reached and in my case I have a duty belt (works well without the inner belt as it falls well on the hips) that has a 1911, three magazines, ASP Talon baton and flashlight.

Going back to me wearing leggings, I live in a rental townhouse and the trash dumpster is about 25 yards away so at night I take the trash out always with a weapon and at night with a flashlight.

What many do not consider is someone (innocent looking and perhaps a female) knocking on the door and there is a secondary bad guy just out of sight that when you open the door the second person forcibly enters with you off guard. I always consider such things happening and if someone knocks on my door at O dark thirty have a firearm at the ready, go way to ward off sales people and church people.

Mindset is everything, to have the fortitude to never give up, run out of ammo, grab a iron skillet, have secondary weapons in other rooms i.e. I have a K-Bar next to each of my toilets (three of them).

Finally, the average person is not going to be armed 24-7, your date is not going to be fond of this (lost one than a few dates this way) but then again it goes to your will not to be a victim.

Well Karen I think you are dating the wrong people :D

I Am impressed with your thinking and wish my Wife would think that way just half the time :(

Sounds like Karen might have military background or just grew up in a rough part of town, either way, in my personal opinion, "the paranoid survive and stay on guard" (respectfully). I myself, try to watch my back, when taking a vulnerable position, like approaching an ATM or even a urinal in a public restroom. You just don't know who is in those stalls while you're doing your business.

I grow up, lived and worked in Philly Pennsylvania. I have lots of stories from back then and now. I tend not to divulge much of my background but safe to say I am well rounded skill wise from training and experience. Safe to say if you want to get into the fray come join me for a day but be sure to be carrying and ready and I am not proud about this.

You gotta do what you can do.

It's one thing to advocate for the optimum (carrying on your body 24/7 except while sleeping). It's another thing in a lot of peoples lives to DO that.

Guns save lives. A lot more than they DON'T. If that's not enough argument, you're done. I hope you're among the majority that never need one. If you aren't, remember these words. WE TOLD YOU SO.

I also like wearing comfy cloths when I am at home and I decided that a shoulder holster worked best when a belt holster just would not work.
I used to manage a club back in Texas and I made certain all of my Managers stayed armed. (The year before I started there they were robbed with one girl killed and the Manager-on-Duty was shot in the stomach. He has a colostomy bag now.) I found that the shoulder holster worked best for ME in that scenario. Keeping this aligned with the topic, just kicking around the house it tends to be more comfortable imo. (Provided you decide to carry in your home like this.)
Last but not least, my grandfather built a holster and attached it to the side of his recliner. He kept his sub-compact Springfield .45 hot and ready for any uninvited bubblegum-hats. ;) (When asked what types of guns we had we always replied, 'in which room?'. lol)

Last but not least, my grandfather built a holster and attached it to the side of his recliner. He kept his sub-compact Springfield .45 hot and ready for any uninvited bubblegum-hats. ;) (When asked what types of guns we had we always replied, 'in which room?'. lol)

Evenings are about the only time I do not have a gun on me. But usually always within hands reach, never more than 10 feet away, in every room. Old men fight dirty.

I grow up, lived and worked in Philly Pennsylvania. I have lots of stories from back then and now. I tend not to divulge much of my background but safe to say I am well rounded skill wise from training and experience. Safe to say if you want to get into the fray come join me for a day but be sure to be carrying and ready and I am not proud about this.
Bounty hunter!
What do I win?
And I suppose I should go get my gun out of the truck

Speed loaders or extra mags are with every gun I would use for home defense. Shotguns have ammo belts or sashes.

I carry 99% of the time, home or not, even though I'm the furthest thing from a soft target in my neighborhood.

Wife doesn't carry, I may have done a disservice to her by assuming all of the responsibility of actively protecting our home. She does know where the guns are and how to use them though if she were to need them without me.

Joe13, you used the S-word: that pistol's purpose is for an instantaneous response, allowing me time to get to the shotgun. So it's not unusual to think in terms of a "NY reload" when at home.

Joe13, you used the S-word: that pistol's purpose is for an instantaneous response, allowing me time to get to the shotgun. So it's not unusual to think in terms of a "NY reload" when at home.

Same here. I just have a feeling though that when I got to the Benelli, by the time my brain cought up with my body. id be looking at a empty chamber and alot of holes in the walls..;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top