JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Interesting story on CNN about someone who repels a home invasion. I'm left to wonder if the rounds that hit the neighbor's house came from the homeowner or the assailants. Not good if they came from the homeowner.

Otherwise, good story and happy ending for the homeowner. Happier yet if they catch these four yahoos.

I have to wonder what this guy had at his house to justify surveillance cameras everywhere. Maybe this is more common than I assume?

HAh! Those guys sure beat a hasty retreat! The defender really scored a good hit on the windshield, it's odd that the driver wasn't hit worse.

That was a good one. :s0155:

Last Edited:
There's no way to know the details for certain; but the idea of armed thugs charging into a suburban home in broad daylight--though rare--isn't exactly science fiction. Maybe the homeowner is a retired cop?

If something like that happens to me, I'll be sure and question any survivors as to what led them to MY door.

HA! Just kidding. There won't be any survivors.

Odd that the guys covered faces on appraoch - as if not to be seen by camera... who has 4 taping surveillance cameras and an immediate action drill.... and is targeted by 4 in broad day light.... I woudl love to know the rest of the story.

Security cameras aren't all that rare... We have installed security systems, some that include video, on a few homes lately. None of the homeowners had anything out of the ordinary in their home, they just wanted the added security and peace of mind of a home security system. It's probably due to all of the break-ins and theft occuring lately due to the economy.
It did seem like the homeowner in the video was unusually prepared. That's a very quick response time! Pretty strange to see four armed robers pull a stunt like that in broad daylight. They also drove a pretty nice ride for thiefs...probably drug related.

More than likely he has buzzers and other indicators of people driving into his driveway, I see no other way besides constantly staying at a computer screen. Perhaps he was on the computer or next to a monitor..?

Regardless, I must say that those assailants were definitely more prepared than most. Did you see the AR15 one assailant was wielding?

Looks as if they knew the cameras were there, by the way they covered up.

Overall, must be related to organized crime syndicates, whether it be gangs attacking gangs, or gangs attacking a particular individual in a community. Perhaps it was a race related issue and that gang wanted the homeowner dead..? I mention this because the neighbor was a white guy as well.

Still, quite the stereotypical vehicles for higher end organized crime, Chrysler 300s? Come on, very mafia, except for the nasty, but probably expensive bling bling 21" chrome wheels.

Who knows, but I know that details will come out soon, regardless of how many anti-gun people want this good example of repelling a severe armed assault to be censored from the eyes of the public. All the smaller issues aside, this homeowner did a very good job defending his property, whether it be a huge drug stash or otherwise.

Lastly, it doesn't say whether the bullet hole in the neighbor's garage door was on a house across the street or on the same street. The location wasn't specified. *Never mind, it says across the street*

I wonder, did the bad guys even have their guns loaded, or were they just for show? It seems to me that they had more than enough firepower to take that guy down, but they went running off like little sissyboys. ( granted thats a good outcome.) I am not sure what gun(s) the homeowner used, but it didn't appear to be a full auto AK or anything.

To me this is the perfect example of the "Bully" being set down by the kid thats brave enough to stand up to him.

who has 4 taping surveillance cameras and an immediate action drill.... and is targeted by 4 in broad day light.... I woudl love to know the rest of the story.

My parents have security cameras linked to an 80 GB hard drive with internet access to the system at their house. Every entrance is covered plus driving up to the house. Their house was broken into 5 years ago and the next day he installed cameras, he also has some "nicer" items inside but camera's arnt that out of the normal.

I wonder, did the bad guys even have their guns loaded, or were they just for show? It seems to me that they had more than enough firepower to take that guy down, but they went running off like little sissyboys. ( granted thats a good outcome.) I am not sure what gun(s) the homeowner used, but it didn't appear to be a full auto AK or anything.

To me this is the perfect example of the "Bully" being set down by the kid thats brave enough to stand up to him.

Typical opportunist criminal. They were expecting no resistance, or they assumed it. Whatever it was, they didn't expect a fight and weren't willing to shoot.

Surely they were loaded weapons.

The police have caught some of them already.

Broad daylight is a pretty bold move...

I'm glad they were met with "resistance" though. :s0155:

Interesting point about having "buzzers" or something to warn the homeowner of their arrival. Makes me want to set something similar up with wireless cameras at my place.

My parents have security cameras linked to an 80 GB hard drive with internet access to the system at their house. Every entrance is covered plus driving up to the house. Their house was broken into 5 years ago and the next day he installed cameras, he also has some "nicer" items inside but camera's arnt that out of the normal.

PROOF that they are drug dealers, according to some of the analysis! :s0114:

On a semi-related topic thread, anyone have recommendations for home security systems? What works? What doesn't? How do you choose a monitoring company? Things to look for in your monitoring contract?

It has occurred to me that with the economy going down the tubes (or, wherever it's currently headed) more folks may turn to crime. A security system may be a prudent investment.

Cameras and Guns are better than just a security system! A friend of mine had his house jacked they stole all sorts of electronics and jewelery, his security system didn't do anything other than make sure the cops showed up after they were gone. If he had had a camera setup maybe they would have picked up the persons.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top