JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
that brings up a point - it could be the family is saying the handgun was taken from the elderly home owner because it was unsecured by the door and the intruder just grabbed it
Oregon's safe storage law has this verbiage in it which I would think applies to this situation.

• The safe storage requirement doesn't apply if a gun owner is either alone in their home or with other people allowed to use the gun.

Oregon's safe storage law has this verbiage in it which I would think applies to this situation.

• The safe storage requirement doesn't apply if a gun owner is either alone in their home or with other people allowed to use the gun.
1665424660385.png

In the report the gun is stolen directly from the owner and is later then used in a crime (car theft) and pointing directly at an officer who then shot the perp. While the gun wasn't shot, I am sure they'll count pointing at an officer of the law.

Last Edited:
View attachment 1290176

In the report the gun is stolen directly from the owner and is later then used in a crime (car theft) and pointing directly at an officer who then shot the perp. While the gun wasn't shot, I am sure they'll count pointing at an officer of the law.
As long as you report it stolen, and you were in compliance with having control of the firearm (you were home alone or only with people allowed to use it) you are 100% off the hook. If someone illegally enters your home, is not specifically allowed to own the gun, and steals it, then the thief can do whatever he likes with the gun, and it will be on him/her and not you because you followed the rules by reporting it stolen.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top