Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Home Insurance and Reloading

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by catamountrdr, Dec 26, 2013.

1. catamountrdr

catamountrdr Whidbey Island Member

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with a house fire and how the insurance company handled it when/if they discovered that the owner was reloading and the house contained reloading equipment as well as ammo. I am primarily looking for real life advice, not conjecture.

2. Classic

Classic Federal Way WA Well-Known Member

Unless they have a disclaimer they have to honor your policy. Life insurance sometimes carries a no skydiving clause, just read your policy

3. xlsbob

xlsbob coos county Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Call your agent and ask them. Insurance laws vary state by state and by different companies, don't think there is a pat answer

4. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

Not from real life experience, no.

But smokeless powder is not an explosive, it is a flammable. It is easier to light dryer lint than it is to light smokeless powder, so I don't see why they would have a problem with reloading.

Bruin and (deleted member) like this.