JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought about $700 worth of fencing material yesterday and found that Lowes and HD both no longer give the 10% on lumber. I went to Parr Lumber in Albany and got 5% off. Their prices were as good or better on most items. The quality and service were much better.

Lowes set things up for me at the store. Don't know if they still do that. Home Depot, you have to go on line , fill out a forum and show proof that you are a vet.
Lowe's is linked to your phone number, which you provide for the gargoyle when you flash military ID at check out.

At Home Depot last December, some kid told me my card would no longer be accepted. Said I'd have to sign up online AND show something on my smart phone instead. I was furious. I have access to all of the required electronica, but many Veterans do not.

Turns out he was mis-informed, and my ID card still works for face-to-face transactions (at least as recently as July 2022). Just to play along, I went to my online Home Depot account and added my military status, which is linked to DEERS. Two clicks and done. Now I can also get the 10% discount for online purchases, where I couldn't before.

More complicated moving parts than before? Yeah. But I still value merchants who do whatever they can.

hd account.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews