JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't use a lot of paint in rattle cans so it's been awhile since I've bought a rattle can of paint. I just needed something clear to spay on a piece of concrete yard art to protect is some. I get up to pay for my lowly $4.98 can of paint and see that "Paint Care Fee" underneath the price! .95 cents! I ask dude if I get that back when I bring the empty back? He said he doesn't really know. HEY! See? All that GD graffiti all over the city in the last year? Looks like they've got the honest working people to paying for it.

:mad:

I told dude to stick his somewhere painful to him.

Sadly again this is the voters getting what they keep asking for. Some "department" has decided they need money. So they slapped a new "fee" on something.
I have not paid attention to whether they are still doing it here but, LONG ago local governments came up with a "solution" to graffiti. They punish the victims. Some localities just made a new law. That if scum spray paint your property you have a certain amount of time to clean up the mess. If you fail they just fine you. When I first started seeing this "solution" I just shrugged and said I hope the people who voted for this enjoy paying for it.

It's about bending me over once again is what it is!
Maybe so, but I believe you are going to get bent over anywhere since it appears to be the law?

However, for less than half pint, there should be less than 95¢:

Half pint or less $ 0.00
More than half pint to less than 1 gallon $ 0.35
1 gallon $ 0.75
More than 1 gallon to 5 gallons $ 1.60

Since "Paint Care" does not recycle aerosol, I would think the fee would be nothing.

I'm not a concrete guy but a concrete sealer is very cheap. It's not paint. Just wet the work with it however.. dunk, spray, sponge. It's probably over by the mortar and stuff.

You'll also notice a tax line on some receipts now. One even had it lined specifically as "CAT recovery" so in effect Oregon has a defacto .5% sales tax now

I'm not a concrete guy but a concrete sealer is very cheap. It's not paint. Just wet the work with it however.. dunk, spray, sponge. It's probably over by the mortar and stuff.
I would think so, but I've talked to a couple of people that really SHOULD know if there is such a thing and haven't got a definitive answer. I would think there would be? It could be it's a commercial thing and come in 55 gallon barrels? I have some clear, matte, spray enamel we use on Wifey's painted rocks. Yeah, I know, "Painting Rocks"? A penguin, turtle, flowers.....and lasts for a couple of years one in the weather.
You'll also notice a tax line on some receipts now. One even had it lined specifically as "CAT recovery" so in effect Oregon has a defacto .5% sales tax now
Yeah! Isn't that dandy? Soon it will be 1%. Then 1.25%. Oh what the heck, the dem suckers in this state may as well bump it to 2%. For the good of the children, you know?

Maybe it's a Multnomah county thing. I know they have to lock up their rattle cans, unlike Clackamas.
I know I've bought many a $1 can of spray paint at HD in Clackamas and would've noticed $1 fee..

Maybe it's a Multnomah county thing. I know they have to lock up their rattle cans, unlike Clackamas.
I know I've bought many a $1 can of spray paint at HD in Clackamas and would've noticed $1 fee..
Locked up? Not at the home depot up on airport Way. Wifey suggested i drive over to Washington to get the, one, rattle can of paint. That may be overkill.
Tax policy should be about spending our tax money more wisely and efficiently. Since there is no room for graft in that, the policy instead is to find new, ever more devious ways to tax more.
:s0140: We're talking Dumo-rats here, ya' know?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top