JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And now a word from our sponsor...

87b0442969b90bc51f04a01ba8657217.jpg

I have always felt most comfortable with a good 12 ga. pump action riot gun and prefer an earlier Winchester (1200-1300) Defender to anything else. I don't have to worry about a round going through a wall and into the neighbor's house, nor 001.JPG going down the hall and into another room in my own house. I use the "Law enforcement low recoil loads" in case my wife has to grab it. Mine is ten years old and has never been fired but I have had enough experience with these to know it will do what it is supposed to do if necessary, and I hope it never is!

View attachment 344525

Remington Marine Magnum "Not mine pictured, but exact same set up"

I'm wanting one of those "one of these days":D

I have always felt most comfortable with a good 12 ga. pump action riot gun and prefer an earlier Winchester (1200-1300) Defender to anything else. I don't have to worry about a round going through a wall and into the neighbor's house, norView attachment 344523 going down the hall and into another room in my own house. I use the "Law enforcement low recoil loads" in case my wife has to grab it. Mine is ten years old and has never been fired but I have had enough experience with these to know it will do what it is supposed to do if necessary, and I hope it never is!

Great gun but seems like rolling the dice a bit having never shot it...

I've seen and heard of many 'great quality' guns having hiccups.

Just my 2¢ (and it gives you one more reason to go shooting:p).

I'm wanting one of those "one of these days":D

Great gun but seems like rolling the dice a bit having never shot it...

I've seen and heard of many 'great quality' guns having hiccups.

Just my 2¢ (and it gives you one more reason to go shooting:p).

Good point for sure! Actually, I am planning to take it to the range, if it ever stops raining! I need to see if my wife can handle it anyway. Procrastination is never a good idea, is it.

Not mine. One day, maybe, but a giant shotgun and a boat to shoot it on are not within reach.

Yup - A Punt Gun or Market gun used to kill 50 or more ducks at a time. I remember some of the history, Banned for depleting ducks etc. long ago.
A Punt Gun, used for duck hunting but were banned because they depleted stocks of wild fowl, 1910-1920

The skull boat or one like it belonged to a friend of mine back in the 1970s. Deadly on ducks in open water and is legal to use as far as I know.

Silver Hand

Last Edited:
If you are going to keep a "house gun"...
I'd say pattern it or otherwise practice with it.
When you are awakened in the middle of the night , the last thing you want to worry about is just how or if your gun works with a certain load.

Also a good idea is to do some drills in your house to see where you can have trouble with your gun.
Andy

870 all the way. Got mine in the early 90's and did the extension, Pachmyr pistol grip, etc. During a sand pit shoot a couple years ago the grip broke in half. That gave me the excuse to redo the gun. Now it is tacticool AF. But it fires amazingly and I am still in love with the gun. I did replace the stupid plastic follower with SS as well. Anyone that has rapid fired one of these knows what happens to the plastic one.

I don't mind the anti-tactical criticism. It's worth noting and TBH, although I like the Ar-style grip, I would probably be more confident with the Magpul stock. I just didn't like the length on it.

20160601_113707.jpg

Well, just in the case of one of my arms being out-of-commission due to an injury, I've practiced with my pump using only one arm to rack and fire with both my right and my left, and it works just fine. Try it and you will not only have fun but find out some things that are a bit different when using your less-dominant arm.
I have exercises for all the firearms I owned using weak hand. But that isn't my point. When ka-ka hits, you're looking for gross motor skills and the most basic manipulations to prevail with fluidity. I'd wager that the majority of owners don't have the opportunity to practice such maneuvers.

Why do people put optics on a scatter gun?

I use an optic because I'm old and I frequently use slugs. I have a pistol grip because I have some nerve damage and I can grip it easier. I use a Mossberg 500 in 20ga. for the same reason. So don't fufu all the boy racer stuff. Also look at ballistics of both 12 & 20ga. Not that much different with slugs. Note: I have buckshot on a side shell holder. Cheers!

I use an optic because I'm old and I frequently use slugs. I have a pistol grip because I have some nerve damage and I can grip it easier. I use a Mossberg 500 in 20ga. for the same reason. So don't fufu all the boy racer stuff. Also look at ballistics of both 12 & 20ga. Not that much different with slugs. Note: I have buckshot on a side shell holder. Cheers!

Slugs & 00 buck is great if you don't live in the city or suburbs because of the penetration factor.

0000 buck shot will stop a lot sooner and still packs a good punch.

I have slugs but they are for body armor and big gamest short range.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top