JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
damn man that is the ticket! wicked bayonet on that puppy! I might have to "up grade" the 870 but that thing scares me just looking at it!
Sarco sells a "trench Gun" set up that can be fit to most 12 gau shotguns and allows the fitment of a bayonet. The standard U.S. flaming ball units all interchange, '03 Springfield, M-1 Garand, Winchester 1897-Mod10-Mod12, and later Savage/Stevens as well as Ithica.

Sarco sells a "trench Gun" set up that can be fit to most 12 gau shotguns and allows the fitment of a bayonet. The standard U.S. flaming ball units all interchange, '03 Springfield, M-1 Garand, Winchester 1897-Mod10-Mod12, and later Savage/Stevens as well as Ithica.
thanks for the info

It looks like this is a closed case now, but I'm with everyone saying just get a bigger version of what you have or simply larger capacity mags. It is the same system you are already familiar with. I also agree with the folks saying 9mm for home defense due to the capacity. There are a lot of good 9mm hollow points out there that you can trust with your life.

My take is a double stack 9mm loaded with hollow points and a spare mag is the best way to go. Throw some night sights on there along with a tac light and you have everything you'll need.

It'll be a similar system (most likely) bit another xds isn't in the cards. I'm gonna stick with 45 since that's what I already have. 10-12+1 should be plenty. If I REALLY need higher capacity, then I'll just have to get an ar15. Id hope I wouldn't need that much ammo for a intruder.

I like shooting 45 more. I'm not looking for 15 round magazines or anything. I'd be happy with 8 to 10 round magazines. I want to stick to a minimum of calibers.

I'm more interested in opinions of have separate defensive guns that operate differently.

The Ruger P345 is about a decade plus or older design. But you get 8+1 or mags available 10+1 in a single stack. When I have shot one I hit what I was aiming. Some really like it, some don't. Check out reviews, rent one, or borrow one. A pretty compact pistol with a nice bite vs. bark.

Brutus Out

Im a 1911 guy and was having problems with an XD9 because I kept feeling for the thumb safety and couldnt find it, it slowed my reaction time so I finally got rid of it and got a Shield in 9mm with thumb safety. Its automatic for my thumb to click it on or off depending if its coming out or going in the holster.

Both guns are in reaching distance when in bed and 6 feet away is a Tactical shotgun loaded with #4 Buck and 00 Buck just in case.

(snip) got a Shield in 9mm with thumb safety. Its automatic for my thumb to click it on or off depending if its coming out or going in the holster.

For me, with my Shield, its very easy to flip the safety off. Very natural movement to push the safety lever down. The lever is in exactly the right position for my thumb to hit the lever. Pushing it up, however, is more difficult. First, the lever requires more effort to flip up than down. And, my thumb is not quite in the right position to push up on the lever. No problem... I just flip the lever with my left thumb.

I keep a G34 with a TLR-1HL and a 33rd stick mag for a night stand gun.
I carry a G26, and my truck gun is a G17.

The reason for that?
They can all take the same mag, and they all operate the exact same.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top