JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to buy a quality flashlight for my home.Any recommendations in the $50-100 range.Wolf Eyes and Surefire seem to be popular with users.Are LED lights the way to go? There are many models to choose from:huh:

I carry a small Streamlight LED. It's powered by 2 AAA batteries and is extremely bright. I bought mine off of a tool truck for $42. (I'm sure I could have bought it a little cheaper elsewhere) The LED lights are bright and batteries last longer. I also have a few Mag-Lites with LED conversions. They work well, too.

Streamlight Strion LED HL Rechargeable. 500 Lumens with strobe feature as well. I have one. Pocket sized, weapon-mountable. A bit past your range, but lifetime warranty and amazing quality. Either way, make sure it has strobe capability.

I have a Klarus XT10 and XT11 that I am very happy with

<broken link removed>

Looks like a good light, but I personally shy away from anything that isn't rechargeable. They even recommend not using the 16340 rechargeable 123 equivalent. Rechargeable is a MUST for me.

Costco ultra bright 500 LED 2 pack for 27.99 when it was on sale. I compared with all my buddy surefire flashlight and ob of the come closed to it. You can buy one and check it out, if my words are wrong then you can take it back to costco to return it anytime.

Costco ultra bright 500 LED 2 pack for 27.99 when it was on sale. I compared with all my buddy surefire flashlight and ob of the come closed to it. You can buy one and check it out, if my words are wrong then you can take it back to costco to return it anytime.

Agreed. Good bang for the buck.

I would like to buy a quality flashlight for my home.Any recommendations in the $50-100 range.Wolf Eyes and Surefire seem to be popular with users.Are LED lights the way to go? There are many models to choose from:huh:

If you want to mount to a shotgun it must standup to the recoil of the shotgun. I have a couple of Streamlight TLR-1 lights on my shotguns. For AR-15 and other rifles recoil is not so severe compared to a shotgun. With a handgun you have choice of mounting handgun with a light or use your handgun with one and hold the flashlight in the other.

I really like, and have used for some time, Fenix.
Well within your price range. It's whole lot of light for the buck.
The Fenix store has the best prices and free shipping.

And yes, LED is the way to go. Modern LED's are amazing.

I run mostly surefire lights and use there new lfp rechargeable 123a's. Check out the EB1 and E1B backup lights. Figging amazing. Left is a fury 500 lumen, and then both the EB1(200/5 lumen) and E1B (110/5 lumen) by surefire. IMG_20130519_225551_727.jpg

My problem is battery compatibility/availability and cost.. AAs are the king in both departments

Lithium and ni cads are growing in storage life all the time.. rechargeables will eventually die

I have ran about 4 charge cycles on the 4 batteries I have. I number them in the event of a failier or poor performance. I was skeptical to use a rechargeable setup, but figured as fast as I run through 123s it was worth a shot. I spent about 50 for the setup and I'm 12 bucks or so into that from what I would have used with factory cells. Soon it will be free power. I am very impressed , actually I'm shocked at how good these perform. The are supposed to last half runtime, and on normal cells I use one battery every 1-2 weeks for my main carry light the E1B. These last me about a week(single cell). I keep a set ready to go and I'm good. I don't worry about light usage at all, and that is a nice feeling. I'll grab a few more sets here shortly. Try them out I'm sure you will be as happy as I am.

I bought these also. Great deal. Good flashlights.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top