Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Home Defense Flashlights

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Jaybo666, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Jaybo666

Jaybo666 Clackamas Member

I would like to buy a quality flashlight for my home.Any recommendations in the $50-100 range.Wolf Eyes and Surefire seem to be popular with users.Are LED lights the way to go? There are many models to choose from:huh:

2. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I carry a small Streamlight LED. It's powered by 2 AAA batteries and is extremely bright. I bought mine off of a tool truck for $42. (I'm sure I could have bought it a little cheaper elsewhere) The LED lights are bright and batteries last longer. I also have a few Mag-Lites with LED conversions. They work well, too.

Navman and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Cremator75

Cremator75 Portland, OR Active Member

4. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Streamlight Strion LED HL Rechargeable. 500 Lumens with strobe feature as well. I have one. Pocket sized, weapon-mountable. A bit past your range, but lifetime warranty and amazing quality. Either way, make sure it has strobe capability.

5. svxr8dr

svxr8dr Vancouver, WA OathKeeper #004404

6. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

7. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

Costco ultra bright 500 LED 2 pack for 27.99 when it was on sale. I compared with all my buddy surefire flashlight and ob of the come closed to it. You can buy one and check it out, if my words are wrong then you can take it back to costco to return it anytime.

8. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

These are the same kind that I bought, mine was in the pa k of 2 and way cheaper then 3. Worth every penny of it. I am trying to find a cheap way to get couple more of these pack and do some mod to add them into all my rifles :)

Feit Electric 500 Lumen Flashlight 3-pack

9. Kruejl

Agreed. Good bang for the buck.

10. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

11. Teufel_Hunden

Teufel_Hunden Albany, Oregon Active Member

Eagle Tac lights are the most for your money bar none. + 10 year warranty on all lights.

See them on my site......

12. Tony617

Tony617 Washington State Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If you want to mount to a shotgun it must standup to the recoil of the shotgun. I have a couple of Streamlight TLR-1 lights on my shotguns. For AR-15 and other rifles recoil is not so severe compared to a shotgun. With a handgun you have choice of mounting handgun with a light or use your handgun with one and hold the flashlight in the other.

13. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

14. hariph creek

hariph creek vancouver, wa. Active Member

I really like, and have used for some time, Fenix.
    Well within your price range. It's whole lot of light for the buck.
    The Fenix store has the best prices and free shipping.

And yes, LED is the way to go. Modern LED's are amazing.

15. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

I run mostly surefire lights and use there new lfp rechargeable 123a's. Check out the EB1 and E1B backup lights. Figging amazing. Left is a fury 500 lumen, and then both the EB1(200/5 lumen) and E1B (110/5 lumen) by surefire. IMG_20130519_225551_727.jpg

Blitzkrieg and (deleted member) like this.
  16. OFADAN

OFADAN Brownsville, OR Well-Known Member

How are those new LFP rechargeable 123 batts working/performing??

17. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

My problem is battery compatibility/availability and cost.. AAs are the king in both departments

Lithium and ni cads are growing in storage life all the time.. rechargeables will eventually die

18. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

I have ran about 4 charge cycles on the 4 batteries I have. I number them in the event of a failier or poor performance. I was skeptical to use a rechargeable setup, but figured as fast as I run through 123s it was worth a shot. I spent about 50 for the setup and I'm 12 bucks or so into that from what I would have used with factory cells. Soon it will be free power. I am very impressed , actually I'm shocked at how good these perform. The are supposed to last half runtime, and on normal cells I use one battery every 1-2 weeks for my main carry light the E1B. These last me about a week(single cell). I keep a set ready to go and I'm good. I don't worry about light usage at all, and that is a nice feeling. I'll grab a few more sets here shortly. Try them out I'm sure you will be as happy as I am.

19. mookmanjdj

mookmanjdj Oregon Coast Member

I bought these also. Great deal. Good flashlights.

20. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

titsonritz and (deleted member) like this.