JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
House Rep Roger Marshall of Kansas introduced a bill that would remove SBRs from the NFA and require destruction of all registration documents within a year of its passage:

I like this. I don't have an SBR and am not particularly interested in getting one, but if only the Anti-2A side introduces legistlation, it puts the Pro-Constitution side constantly on the defensive, which is not a good place to be. We need more proposed legislation.

It is all postering before an election. No way it will pass the blue controlled house. It's like the anti-gun bills that Anti-gun politicians put forward when congress is red.

I don't disagree with that, but it seems the Anti side is posturing a lot more frequently and it is in fact getting some terrible stuff passed at the state level. So maybe we need more posturing.

Did the House just put on the floor Red Flag Laws, Universal Background Checks, and mag limits? Or is that old news?

I don't know that specific question, but I know I read an article about Bloomberg's presidential run recently in which each of those, plus a ban on certain semi-auto rifles, are his main agenda. So if they aren't currently being proposed, they certainly will be soon.

Time to start throwing our own punches. While it won't pass this time, we can at least use this as a rough draft to reintroduce when we retake the House... and roll HPA into it, and embed it like a tick into some Must Pass bill.

I like the idea. Even if it's not going to pass, it puts pressure on them and shifts the momentum in the media.

Last Edited:
Maybe they should promote that the shorter barrel actually makes them less "high powered"?

:rolleyes:

Focus of shifting the focus FROM the media.... the media is nothing more than the PR/propaganda wing of the DNC.
The MSM, yes. There are still a number of small, unbiased outlets that report ethically. Once the information is out there, CNN and MSNBC types get their hands on it and start twisting it to meet the narrative. CNN is going to make it seem like SBRs are easier to sneak into backpacks at school, etc. Fortunately, enough people are smart enough to know that CNN manipulates or skews information to appeal to the lefty crowd.

I'd wager that most non gun owners don't even know what an SBR is nor what the NFA entails and therefore it's a moot topic. The idea is to keep more pro-gun presentation out there to counter the onslaught of anti-gun headlines. Most people don't have time to sit and read the news all day and they pick just a few articles and that's what sits on their mind - it'd be good to see a swing in the other direction ie. SCOTUS taking up 2A cases. My guess is non gun owners are already becoming less shocked by AR15s because they're starting to realize many of their neighbors or people they know already own them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top