JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just go ahead and use your wife's kitchen oven. It will be OK because it's for a gun. She will understand completely, so don't worry.

I can most likely do this - + / - a few degrees but I can probably keep it pretty consistent
Consistent is going to be the problem. If you are good at painting projects you can most likely do a good job. but if you are never satisfied with your own paint projects this will not go any better. When it comes to curing it, you will want a constant temp. I have done both duracoat and ceracoat. The Duracoat was easier to put on, but the ceracoat lasted better. I'm not one that can leave projects alone long enough to air cure so I have always oven cured. Good Luck DR

I know two guys who built their own ovens out of old steel 7' Chem storage lockers. One lined his with 1000°F rated appliance (oven) insulation, the other used two layers of Hardie plank.
Both worked well and produce excellent results.
The Hardie guy used an old stove element and circulated air with a fan, both scavenged from a discarded convection oven.

Its fun and easy.
Guy

20211007_114835.jpg

Spoken like a man going through his 3rd divorce 🍻
Naw, still married to my first one
I bought her this coffee cup so she overlooksr all the times I mess up or forget things like her birthday. The secret is to let them know how much you love them, especially when they don't talk during the game.
nc_ohc=OB2OeuTqq5IAX-Mec-i&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio2-2.jpg

Last Edited:
Yes, it can be done and done with quality but can be costly.

If Earl in Vancouver was still with us he would tell ya how he did it. He did some awesome workout of his little garage.

Get a good spray gun and find a broken oven Free Craigslist get PID Tempature Controller, SSR and Thermal couple to run it (Ebay).

You will also need a blast cabinet and Good Air compressor with dry air. and practice.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top