JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys. I need some insight. I am a new gunsmith and have applied for my FFL in deschutes county Oregon. I'm trying to get the proper zoning permit to work out of my garage. The county is telling me $1300. Does this sound right or am I doing something wrong? Am I asking about the wrong thing when I call the county? I don't plan to have a full time business at my house as I work a full time job. Any other home based FFL dealers have some advice?

Hi guys. I need some insight. I am a new gunsmith and have applied for my FFL in deschutes county Oregon. I'm trying to get the proper zoning permit to work out of my garage. The county is telling me $1300. Does this sound right or am I doing something wrong? Am I asking about the wrong thing when I call the county? I don't plan to have a full time business at my house as I work a full time job. Any other home based FFL dealers have some advice?
________________________________________________________________________________________
Tell them to stuff it or better yet don't tell them anything.
You don't have to rezone or any of that occupancy nonsense.

***** IN OREGON *****
State preemption clause covers it. ORS 166.170 - State preemption - 2015 Oregon Revised Statutes
Home occupancy is covered by the preemption. ATF will tell you this at the interview.

Just file for your ffl +state business license (DBA) if you are a sole prop.
All ATF want's to see at the interview is your State business license (DBA) Assumed business name. And they will know if you didn't file for it first,They will deny you.
SO DO IT BEFORE YOU FILE FOR YOUR FFL.

Nate 07/02
Building M2HB's in a residential zone for a while. :)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top