Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Home based FFL banking

Discussion in 'Firearm Laws & Legal' started by j7794led, Apr 21, 2016.

1. j7794led

j7794led Arlington Member

hi all. I'm well into the home based FFL process. Still waiting for atf sign off...started on banking. Seems it's easier to get a bank if you sell weed. What bank do you use with your home based FFL, goal is credit card and debit card acceptance... They will take my money for an account, just not "business activities "

2. Larrytpdx

Larrytpdx Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Go with a community bank not the big ones.

3. conp435

conp435 woodinville Active Member

BECU

4. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Wells Fargo took care of my credit card processing, but they locked me into a long contract that ended up being a horrid idea. But they were willing to work with me. That was worth something, plus they had my other accounts, so it was convenient.

Had the option existed when I started my shop, I would have looked closer at this option : https://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-merchant-solutions/

The owners of McMillan stocks started it after Bank of America flaked out on them.

5. tanzuki

tanzuki Salem Active Member

Why wouldn't you want to just use one of the mobile apps like "Square" or something?

6. j7794led

^square and paypal (and ALL the national banks) refuse to work with you once they know it's firearms OR ammo. I'm not one to lie about what I'm doing, you either want my business or you don't. Found McMillan Payment solutions (started by owners of McMillan stocks) and working on that. Will update once I finalize. Second choice will be first data, who still currently welcome gun sales.

7. j7794led

8. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

STAY AWAY FROM FIRSTDATA! Long contracts and no buy out fee. Rude customer service.

j7794led likes this.