JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
FBI tracking/trailing/spying on vehicles and suspects without ANY sort of writ or permission from a judge. You know that tracking the vehicle is the least of what they're doing with this technology. How many satellites, low level FLIR flights, cell phone intercepts, unknown (illegal) searches, and old fashioned stake outs accompany this type of tracking???? Even if the guy is "fishy"....even if he in fact needed to be watched, this is scary crap. What, and who is next? What exactly is needed to be acquired as a possible enemy of the state and put onto a list where your personal privacy is taken away without any sort of due process?

<broken link removed>

[quote="SleepynSeattle, post: What, and who is next? What exactly is needed to be acquired as a possible enemy of the state and put onto a list where your personal privacy is taken away without any sort of due process?

<broken link removed> [/QUOTE]

Welllllll I hate to tell you but seeing how the Obama admin. is for it and you just posted that it was not good, you are now on the list as an enemy of the state.:s0131:

If you think the "On Star" installed in a Chevy is a good idea and makes you warm and fuzzy, think about how much money the feds are saving on the magnetic units having you purchase it with your car. Makes you wonder why the Gov. really bailed them out.:s0159:

Remember always, big brother is watching you.

Could you imagine what good O'l Hoover would have done with all this technology if he had it avail to him in the early days of the FBI.

Scary stuff.

There is NO compromise to any bill of right!

Welllllll I hate to tell you but seeing how the Obama admin. is for it and you just posted that it was not good, you are now on the list as an enemy of the state.:s0131:

If you think the "On Star" installed in a Chevy is a good idea and makes you warm and fuzzy, think about how much money the feds are saving on the magnetic units having you purchase it with your car. Makes you wonder why the Gov. really bailed them out.:s0159:

Never had, and never will possess a vehicle with onstar, or ANY kind of gps. The idea has always bothered me since they first introduced it. Also...dunno if it actually works or not, but I'm one of those paranoid guy's who turns off the auto-tracking feature whenever I get a new cell phone. Maybe I am now on a list, but I'm certain its not the first list I've been added to! :s0131: Scaryscary

Remember always, big brother is watching you.

Could you imagine what good O'l Hoover would have done with all this technology if he had it avail to him in the early days of the FBI.

Scary stuff.

There is NO compromise to any bill of right!

There is, and always will be compromises to EVERY one of the bills of rights. It's a damn shame that we've developed a society which supports this in any form.....but that's where we're at. I'm very glad to hear that someone else out there realizes the threat though. Hmmm....wonder if we're both now on a list as conspirator's based on stated opinions? I LOVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.....:s0131:

This will end up in the Supreme Court of course. The quirk is that technically when driving you are in public with no expectation of privacy.

I wouldn't be tempted to buy that GPS tracker since it's illegal. Also, everything I have bought from DealExtreme has been Chinese junk.

There is, and always will be compromises to EVERY one of the bills of rights. It's a damn shame that we've developed a society which supports this in any form.....but that's where we're at. I'm very glad to hear that someone else out there realizes the threat though. Hmmm....wonder if we're both now on a list as conspirator's based on stated opinions? I LOVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.....:s0131:

Oh I am sure I am on a "list". I am aware there is and most likely at this point always will be compromise to our bill of rights. A shame it is, I can not understand our the people have let that happen.

One of the funniest/saddest parts about that story is the GPS device is actually an older model. So it can be safe the assume the rest are already out in the field? And very rarely do people actually find the GPS units. They hide them where even a mechanic has no need to look. They also hook them to the battery, so running out of power is not an issue.

Great..

I love the part in the news article when the FBI agents demand the return of their GPS unit?

What??? They place this device secretly on a car, it is discovered, and then they demand that the guy return it?

Holy Crap....Amen.

I have every right to drive my car with out a tracking device unless court ordered.

* Fourth Amendment &#8211; Protection from unreasonable search and seizure.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Car travel may be public; but, I am secure in my person.

"....Afifi was targeted because of his extensive ties to the Middle East, which include supporting two brothers who live in Egypt and making frequent overseas trips. His father was a well-known Islamic-American community leader who died last year in Egypt."

A little more involved than someone being followed buying smokes at 7-11....

Big brother can watch me all they want, but I would pity them. It wouldn't be very exciting at all since I do nothing that would interest them.

So yes they can watch any of us they choose, but more importantly, why would they want to watch the average person?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top