JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Parsons your a bit of drive from here, but maybe that will be my 3rd or 4th RP :)

There's so much good advice on here, and I appreciate all the help. I've determined we should all just chip in and build a big northwest firearms shtf castle :s0155:

I would like to see some agreed upon way to locate like minded NWFA members after SHTF starts. Assuming most forms of communication are down.

Hey mr11b, start networking here on NWFA. As you can see by the great responses there's lots of people here who think alike....:s0155:
Is it time, yet, for another west-side meet-up? I missed the last one and couldn't get over to PP's at Mother Mabel's. If we were to meet somewhere like the Sherwood Red Robin or McMinamins, we could combine it with a tour of TCGC for anyone that'd like a look-see of that.

MrB

It's good to step back and look at long term trends. Best to concentrate on a variety of multiple scenarios but always ensuring you have control of food, water, shelter and movement. And if your alone, get a dog or two. :s0155:

For those who have family/friends who don't see the point of preparing for SHTF events, I would suggest they listen to the following interview. It is with Gerald Celente (Trends Institute). Gerald has often discussed the need for Americans to be prepared, but recently put his knowledge into practice when he found himself in Chile during the earthquake.

The interview starts out with the Chile event, but goes on to discuss preparedness and potential U.S. scenarios. I think it would be an interview that a lot of "non-preparedness" folks would find interesting (and it could get them thinking).

<broken link removed>

I've determined we should all just chip in and build a big northwest firearms shtf castle :s0155:

If I one day end up owning the family farm I might set up a castle collection box :D The property is on an island not too far from here. So the location is already surrounded by a moat, but the structure would have to be built higher than normal in case the dam gave way. But I guess since real castles are built high to begin with, the NWFA SHTF castle would honor that tradition. :s0155:

Probably would have to wait until after SHTF though. Try to do it ahead of time and you would get nowhere because of the damned building permits.

Is it time, yet, for another west-side meet-up? I missed the last one and couldn't get over to PP's at Mother Mabel's. If we were to meet somewhere like the Sherwood Red Robin or McMinamins, we could combine it with a tour of TCGC for anyone that'd like a look-see of that.

MrB

I like that idea and could probably go with some tasty RR fries!

-d

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads