Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Holsters

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Monkeyman, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Monkeyman

Monkeyman Portland, OR Member

I need a holster for my S&W 99. By Friday. Posted a thread on the items wanted section here, but can anyone recommend a PDX-area shop that carries a good selection of new/used holsters?

I shoulda shopped those baskets of used gear at the gun show a little harder.:huh:

2. Keane

Keane Hillsboro, OR Active Member

3. Monkeyman

And they are literally right up the street. I sent off an email earlier today, not knowing what to expect, I'll be sure and follow up.

Thanks for the tip!

4. rayd8

rayd8 Formerly Portland, now Alabama! Member

What a coincidence! I just picked up a Galco this morning from them. As Keane mentioned, great service.

5. BlvdKing

BlvdKing Almost Boring Member

How is there pricing?

6. Keane

Quite fair, they are only slightly more than online, and after shipping, it becomes a wash.

7. pdxjohann

pdxjohann Portland near Tigard Member

Ted Blocker in Tigard makes some quality leather holsters at what seems to me to be a fair price.

8. Monkeyman

Yes, and I picked up a mag holder from them a while back; but they quoted me 6 weeks on a holster for my 9mm that I needed yesterday.

I did pick up a Galco from Lightning Arms, and will definitely be giving those nice folks more business!!

9. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

Unfortunately, they don't have much motivation to stay in business. Yea, they have suitable prices, but the fact that you have to make an appointment to even look at a holster bewilders me.

I'll go someplace else, regardless of how awesome he is.

I feel like I'm going into the place with really bad customer service. It's just not what I, as the customer, should have to put up with. It's a lot easier than it seems to be successful in a capitalist market.

10. Keane

You couldn't be more wrong charles about their customer service. Some of the best I've dealt with. Heck, i even got a christmas card from them this year.

The reason it is appointment only is because it is an older (retired I think) couple that does most of their business by phone/email. They have a nice showroom anyway.

Their prices were good when I went, what I bought was cheaper than I could find online. The guy can also make some very good recommendations on the holsters.

I can't recommend them enough...

11. Monkeyman

+1

The fact that locals can even get in to visit what is obviously a mail-order/internet business is, to me, a sign of very accommodating proprietorship.

12. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

I specifically said they had good customer service, but it's annoying that you can't just go in and look. :paranoid:

13. Keane

Ah, sorry for the miss-read :(

My Bad.