Holsters

Monkeyman

Reactions
I need a holster for my S&W 99. By Friday. Posted a thread on the items wanted section here, but can anyone recommend a PDX-area shop that carries a good selection of new/used holsters?

I shoulda shopped those baskets of used gear at the gun show a little harder.:huh:

OP
M

Monkeyman

Reactions
Ted Blocker in Tigard makes some quality leather holsters at what seems to me to be a fair price.
Yes, and I picked up a mag holder from them a while back; but they quoted me 6 weeks on a holster for my 9mm that I needed yesterday.

I did pick up a Galco from Lightning Arms, and will definitely be giving those nice folks more business!!

Reactions
Yes, and I picked up a mag holder from them a while back; but they quoted me 6 weeks on a holster for my 9mm that I needed yesterday.

I did pick up a Galco from Lightning Arms, and will definitely be giving those nice folks more business!!
Unfortunately, they don't have much motivation to stay in business. Yea, they have suitable prices, but the fact that you have to make an appointment to even look at a holster bewilders me.

I'll go someplace else, regardless of how awesome he is.

I feel like I'm going into the place with really bad customer service. It's just not what I, as the customer, should have to put up with. It's a lot easier than it seems to be successful in a capitalist market.

Reactions
You couldn't be more wrong charles about their customer service. Some of the best I've dealt with. Heck, i even got a christmas card from them this year.

The reason it is appointment only is because it is an older (retired I think) couple that does most of their business by phone/email. They have a nice showroom anyway.

Their prices were good when I went, what I bought was cheaper than I could find online. The guy can also make some very good recommendations on the holsters.

I can't recommend them enough...

OP
M

Monkeyman

Reactions
You couldn't be more wrong charles about their customer service. Some of the best I've dealt with. Heck, i even got a christmas card from them this year.

The reason it is appointment only is because it is an older (retired I think) couple that does most of their business by phone/email. They have a nice showroom anyway.

Their prices were good when I went, what I bought was cheaper than I could find online. The guy can also make some very good recommendations on the holsters.

+1

The fact that locals can even get in to visit what is obviously a mail-order/internet business is, to me, a sign of very accommodating proprietorship.

Reactions

I specifically said they had good customer service, but it's annoying that you can't just go in and look. :s0131:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom