Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Holster wear?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by B-Towner, Oct 12, 2010.

1. B-Towner

B-Towner Western Washington Member

What parts of a semi-automatic pistol could show holster wear, and what would the wear look like? I mean, could the end of the barrel show wear? The grip?

Thanks.

2. M.Link

M.Link Guest

From a holster, parts that stick out, like edges, and the end of the slide. Pretty much where the holster rubs. It will look either shiny or more of a bare metal look than blued/coated color. Grips usually are not in the holster to show holster wear.

3. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Exactly. Any part of the gun that rubs against the holster will eventually show wear.

4. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Whenever aimsurplus or jgsales have surplus/police trade in handguns you can usually see the holster wear in the pictures. Front edges of the slide are what seem to wear the fastest. This is a pretty good condition CZ-82. Personally I don't mind a bit of holster wear, it just adds character and shows that the gun is actually used and not a safe queen. :)

If it bothers you, most any gunsmith can refinish a gun for you.

5. B-Towner

I do have some wear like you describe on the slide of this used pistol. There's also some wear near the bottom of the left rubber grip. Any thoughts as to what caused it?

6. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

a belt or button.
    a gun is pressed up against you when you carry it, it could have rubbed on anything.

Why so concerned?

7. B-Towner

I'm not concerned. Hadn't seen wear like that. Wanted to tap into the collected wisdom.

8. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

lol, my magazine baseplates are all beat up from being dropped on gravel all the time