JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Going to see who has the Double Alpha race master or the Alpha X model and what you think of them.

End user opinions please, pros and cons. There are other MFG. Out there, but only want the feed back on these 2 DA items.

Thanks

I've used both of the holsters and both work well. I traded to the Alpha X because of the ease of removing the hanger and replacing in the same location. I've started to travel/fly to more matches and this makes it easier to pack.

I found the real advantage of the Alpha X is the ease of adjustment. It's 1 or 2 screws for most adjustments vs 4-5 on the Race Master. A side affect is less things to come loose and double check.

The magnetic release is nice but offers no adjustment for tension. If you've not used a race holster before it can be unnerving. If you desire more retention than the magnetic release, you'll need to go with the Race Master with the friction release. I think you can still get those but I'm not sure.

Both holsters use the same insert. I have an insert for an STI and another for my Open gun with a PT grip. The STI insert worked out of the box. The PT grip insert (really an SV insert) needed some fitting. Swapping the insert is simple and takes less than 5 minutes.

If you want to check out the Alpha X hit me up at a match.

Looking at your profile you shoot USPSA, IDPA, 3-gun and speed steel. Which game are you thinking of using the holster? If it's for USPSA or Speed Steel it will work great. Neither of the holsters are designed to be a retention holster. The use case is for USPSA (standing still until the beep, draw, run) If you plan on running with a gun in the holster (3-gun maybe) I'd suggest something else.

You can turn the lock on with either holster and it will retain the gun. With practice you can sweep the lock off when you draw. I do this for seated starts.

Dang
1 more question.... I'm using an M&P core and can the X be used with a sideways mounted C-more?

20180108_173532.jpg

Got it now and loving it compared to my Houge power speed.... yea I could date myself and say compared to my Ernie Hill Fast Track holster.
LOL

20180122_161640.jpg 20180118_154558.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews