JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What have you guys used? Did you like or dislike it, and why? Looking for a good vertical shoulder rig. Any suggestions?

I have the soft sided Uncle Mikes IWB.

Pro...Nice size, thin, and wont leave holster wear.

Cons...Sits up to high for my liking, and collapses when you draw so makes it hard to sheath.

Also have a Holster Company IWB leather setup.

Pros...Sturdy, doesn't collapse when drawn, sits nice and low.

Cons...The doubled up top is a bit bulky and could be trimmed a bit IMO

Haven't tried any shoulder rigs for a 26. I like the comp-tac CTAC (although they have since come out with the MTAC which looks more comfortable). Slim, doesn't collapse, holds gun in, conforms to body, doesn't rotate or move around, adjustable cant, dissappears nicely, alows a tucked-in shirt, weighs nothing, reasonably priced.

if you're wanting to go appendix IWB, i'd strongly suggest looking at holsters made specifically for that- non-appendix IWB holsters absolutely suck at appendix carry. google "appendix IWB"

I have the maimi classic II shoulder holster from Galco and really like it. It fits my G17 and G26. Good for colder months since you need a jacket. I bought it for camping and heavy driving use. I really like it and its comfortable, I got the black version since it blends in well with black jackets. I have been looking for a IWB holster too for summer use. I've been looking at the Supertuck but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

i've been using a gould-goodrich leather IWB at 4 o'clock for over a year, now... all day every day glock 17 carry, stuffed comfortably into my skin-tight size 31/34 wranglers. not a big guy.

whatever you do, give it a chance.. guys will ditch a perfectly good holster after an afternoon- give any quality holster at least a couple weeks, so long as it isn't causing a lot of pain or injuring you.

I have the maimi classic II shoulder holster from Galco and really like it. It fits my G17 and G26. Good for colder months since you need a jacket. I bought it for camping and heavy driving use. I really like it and its comfortable, I got the black version since it blends in well with black jackets. I have been looking for a IWB holster too for summer use. I've been looking at the Supertuck but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Looked at one of those. Do you know if they make a vertical version?

So I have tried many different ones. As my name suggests I carry a baby Glock for each hand. I absolutely love this compact configuration. I have several other guns (springfield, keltec and taurus) but I will always have two of these little glocks for as long as I am physically able to carry.

I am fairly slim (33-32) and my absolute favorite is the DeSantis cozy partner about 4 - 4:30 as an all day IWB holster - Cost is around $70 - $75 if I remember. IWB does take some time to get use to but after trying several I have found this one to be the most comfortable I have used. It is made very well, it has a wider skin plate than most of the others you will see which reduces the pressure you feel. After little use you almost completely forget it's on.

Another one I love for the OWB is the Blackhawk Serpa. I really like the touch locking feature and own them for my Glocks and for my springfield as I also got the shoulder harness they attach to which is really neat that you can switch the one holster from OWB to Belt to Harness. If I am wearing a something that makes IWB look funny or I just need a break from it I turn to the serpa.

For my left IWB I use a don hume IWB P/N 715 M.T.B. (this one is available in left or right and is also very comfortable, Leather and half the price of the DeSantis at under $40).

The other I have in my ammo bag for the range is the fobus paddle. This is because I don't have to worry about them getting banged up as they are very cheap. The fobus seems to get allot of complaints about being too tight. The deal is you MUST wear a good belt and practice draw to wear it in a little and jerk when you draw. They do not let the gun just gently slide out. . They really retain the gun and are purpose built to reduce the ability for someone to pull your gun from you while it's holstered as you must draw straight parallel for it to draw. Again though these are very cheap and it I was to pick my fav OWB plastic type I would toss the fobus and keep the Blackhawk serpa for its better design, ease of use and versatility.

With any holster there are going to be personal issues based on body size and personal preference. Sure comfort is a big deal but like someone else said on here don't give up on a holster after a couple of days. Going IWB definitely takes time to adjust to no matter what brand you buy.

One thing I did do on a couple was went to stores that let you test fit the holster before buying. One place that will let you do this that has a fairly large selection is Outdoor Warehouse in Burlington (and no one seemed to bug me because they were too busy at the counter which is a plus). You go to the customer service desk in front, tell them you want to test them. They will simply ask you to clear your weapon and then give you a cleared card. Then you can spend the day trying every holster they have if you want. A holster is one of the most important accessories you will get for CCW and you need to feel comfortable with your selection and know you can draw with it quickly.

I am a 1st gulf war vet with 9 years prior in the Army and I can attest that anything that slows your draw down in a real life confrontation is a BAD deal. Empty practice draw often and carry as much as possible to get accustom to it! Don't let the bad guy ruin your life because of a overly tight retention or lack of under the shirt draw & practice just like you brush your teeth.

My two cents - Good Luck, Rich.

This holster:

Galco Tuckable

I have used it for over six years, very comfortable, very durable, and you'll never think about a shoulder holster again. No jacket required, no sweater/vest required. Dress shirt and slacks? No problem with this bad boy.

The G26 is a pretty small gun, shoulder holster is overkill for something that size. The Galco IWB tuckable is a pretty safe bet.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top