JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
looking for a belt holster for a S&W 629 4" stainless. Need a thumb break.... Black leather, with the holster covering the entire 4" barrel. I like DeSantis, Galco, and Bianchi. Am I asking for too much?

looking for a belt holster for a S&W 629 4" stainless. Need a thumb break.... Black leather, with the holster covering the entire 4" barrel. I like DeSantis, Galco, and Bianchi. Am I asking for too much?
If you think you're going to find one used I would say probably.
But you never know, someone might have one laying around.

I had mine custom-made by Privateer Leather.
Cost me about $125....work of art and retains like Kydex.

Bianchi makes their Cyclone 111 for that Model and I've found it to be Excellent. It can be worn either on the Strong Side or Cross Draw and has the Thumb Break. :):):)

I'd also look for a Hoyt Front Break which is an old Law Enforcement design. If the Hoyt is in good condition it will be a bit pricey but, to me, they're worth it. I used one for many years as a LEO and Carried my Primary Sidearm which was a pre-29 with a 6-1/2" Barrel. Even sitting in a Squad Car with the seatbelt on I could get the Gun into action Very quickly. And my Sidearm was very difficult to remove by somebody else. :):):)

Kydex will destroy the finish on a fine handgun.:mad::mad::mad:

Leather doesn't do it any favors either. Any gun you carry in any type of holster is going to show wear. That's what refinishing is for.

Note that Safariland is now building holsters out of some type of nylon blend. Their 7TS line. It looks like kydex but it's some type of nylon that is supposed to be pretty easy on the gun. I've never used it though so can't confirm.

Ted Blocker over in Tigard Oregon.
You can pick one of three cants, colors, yada for that ol hogleg for about $90..

610 Field Holster

field_610_thumbnail.jpg

I would look on fleaBay. Lots of lightly used Holsters on there.

Safariland is trying to get a better Kydex using a softer - less abrasive material lining - but they admit they still haven't found the right thing.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top