JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a holster to carry my Sig P226 while out in the woods. I own a few Uncle Mike's Sidekick holsters for various handguns, but they leave a bit to be desired. This holster will not be used for concealed carry and will be worn with a belt on my hip. I have looked at many different manufacturers and styles, but it is tough to judge quality without actually touching the product. Any input would be greatly appreaciated.

Check out Safariland's holsters. I used their holsters for the better part of my 33 years in law enforcement and they never failed me. Now that I'm retired I just bought me a 6378 ALS for winter carry & range duty, it came with both paddle and belt slid attachments. It is an open-top holster but has a thumb-break of sorts which might be advantageous in a woods carry environment with branches poking and probing your pistol. Many vendors sell Safariland products so shop around for your best price.

Good luck on the "holster hunt" there's a bazillion makers out there!

I have been looking for the same thing for a few of my handguns. I want something comfortable that is not pulled into my body. The Ted Blocker shop is only 5 min from my house so I was able to check them out in person. I am going to go with either the TNT or the Thunder. The TNT rides lower than the Thunder.

<broken link removed>

Look up
<broken link removed>

SWCR on making one for you. Support somebody local and on the board.

Blackhawk! Serpa
X3 or 4 or what ever. I like my SERPA. Keeps my pistol secure and doesn't absorb water like leather. The western side of the Cascades can get a little wet during hunting season and at the end of the day I have enough things to dry out without worrying about my holster.

I have a serpa level 2 with a quick disconnect, and my friend has a level 3. Blackhawk has very good products and I really love mine. I am considering getting a level 2 for my sig sauer p6. For added protection I would recommend the level 3. Learn to use them well because under high stress you could just pull on the firearm when you actually need to use the release before you are able to pull the firearm out.

Last Edited:
Chest holsters are the best for hiking IMHO. Gets the gun off of your belt, and out of the way of packs. You don't have to mess with it while visiting mother nature, uh hem, out in mother nature,,, o_O

FDA0DA25-B56A-48C1-A1DE-E1B9A70B1BE6.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top