Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Holster Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by BLR119, Jul 30, 2010.

1. BLR119

BLR119 Southern Oregon New Member

Looking for a holster to carry my Sig P226 while out in the woods. I own a few Uncle Mike's Sidekick holsters for various handguns, but they leave a bit to be desired. This holster will not be used for concealed carry and will be worn with a belt on my hip. I have looked at many different manufacturers and styles, but it is tough to judge quality without actually touching the product. Any input would be greatly appreaciated.

2. cash$$cow

cash$$cow Eastern Wa Member

I am a fan of the leather pancake holsters. Fair priced and nice to your guns.

3. BLR119

BLR119 Southern Oregon New Member

Any brand preference?

4. Sawdust

Sawdust Bull Mountain(Tigard), OR Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I have used this brand for years now. Great quality. Ted Blocker Holsters.

Here is a link to their Field holsters.

Field - Ted Blocker Holsters

5. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Blackhawk! Serpa

6. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Give Lobo Gun Leather a look. I own two, both are pancakes. Very good quality, short wait times, will not break the bank. Lots of options too.

7. NCW Ray

NCW Ray Sunny Eastern Washington Active Member

Check out Safariland's holsters. I used their holsters for the better part of my 33 years in law enforcement and they never failed me. Now that I'm retired I just bought me a 6378 ALS for winter carry & range duty, it came with both paddle and belt slid attachments. It is an open-top holster but has a thumb-break of sorts which might be advantageous in a woods carry environment with branches poking and probing your pistol. Many vendors sell Safariland products so shop around for your best price.

Good luck on the "holster hunt" there's a bazillion makers out there!

8. Searcher451

Searcher451 Oregon Member

High Noon Holsters

I've used these holsters for years and continue to be impressed by the ovreall quality and good prices. In addition, many of the holsters are in stock and shop the same day that you order them.

9. judicator

judicator McMinnville Active Member

10. fry

fry pacific north west Active Member

X2

11. absoluterik07

absoluterik07 Salem, OR Member

+1 on the Blackhawk! Serpa

12. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

I have been looking for the same thing for a few of my handguns. I want something comfortable that is not pulled into my body. The Ted Blocker shop is only 5 min from my house so I was able to check them out in person. I am going to go with either the TNT or the Thunder. The TNT rides lower than the Thunder.

Ted Blocker competition holsters

13. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

14. GRUNDEL

GRUNDEL Washougal Area Active Member

X3 or 4 or what ever. I like my SERPA. Keeps my pistol secure and doesn't absorb water like leather. The western side of the Cascades can get a little wet during hunting season and at the end of the day I have enough things to dry out without worrying about my holster.

15. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I have a serpa level 2 with a quick disconnect, and my friend has a level 3. Blackhawk has very good products and I really love mine. I am considering getting a level 2 for my sig sauer p6. For added protection I would recommend the level 3. Learn to use them well because under high stress you could just pull on the firearm when you actually need to use the release before you are able to pull the firearm out.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010