Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Holster options for a Ruger .380 lcp

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by thumpersalley, May 1, 2014.

1. thumpersalley

thumpersalley albany New Member

I have a belt holster being made but I also want a couple of other options for those days when I don't wear jeans & a belt. Ive looked at pocket holsters, paddle holsters, ankle holsters, clothing holsters like tank tops with a compartment in them & a few others. What would you recommend? Pros & con of each? Im leaning towards an ankle holster with an elastic band for around the calf to help hold the holster up. Thanks!

2. xm193

xm193 seatac Active Member

if you are not wearing jeans or other pants without pockets why wear on exposed leg. carry in a pocket holster and be done with it, by the way get some range practice for that snappy gun

3. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Ankle holsters are horrible, limit your maneuverability, and leave you exposed when trying to unholster. Get a good IWB holster, and if you really want get a blackhawk or uncle mikes pocket holster.

4. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

5. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

I wore out a DeSantis Nemesis (pocket holster) and then was delighted to find the Galco Pocket Protector, tens of times a better holster than was the DeSantis.
    You can have your hand on your pistol while casually just hand-in-pocket. The draw is as fast as it gets, total surprise to your attackers.

6. nastybynature

nastybynature ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Active Member

Don't Tread On Me. This is what wife and I use for our bodyguard .380's. http://amzn.to/1kCxTiX

I like it because the metal clip is removable and then it is a good pocket holster.