JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have taken up cycling as a hobby and love it! While cycling one afternoon, I was harassed by some people in a van. That normally doesn't bother me, but they then stopped about 150 ft in front of me and opened the side van door. Fortunately, another car came the other way and they drove off. This got me seriously thinking about how defenseless I am when I cycle and I need to start carrying. However, it is difficult to carry while cycling. I carry the Bersa Thunder 9 HC and was wondering if there are any hip or drop leg or ankle holsters that I can use to carry. I plan on buying a Thunder 380 when the funds are available, but until then... Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I got my Dad a "bellyband holster" to use while he rides his bike, he was looking at those undershirts with the built-in holster, until he checked the prices on them...

This is actually a good option, and I've tried it, it works ok. The other option is to get a tool bag for the bicycle (the type that go in the V at the front of the tubes and then sew a cheap nylon holster in it.) Or depending on laws in Georgia, you could always open carry.

This is one of the times a "fanny pack" maybe the right bag.

Another option would be to get some kind of small pouch made for a gun that can attach to your main cross bar (dont know what it is called) so that gun gun weight is on the bike not on you.

Another would be some kind of messenger/gearslinger style bag like these ones, Maxpedition.com - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR Tactical Nylon Gear for Military, Law Enforcement, Tactical Concealed Carry; Tailored to Perform Tactical and you could carry fluids, flashlight, knife, cell phone and other basic requirements.

I too would vote for a larger gun if that is an option for you. I do carry a .380 occasionally when that is all my dress will allow me, but it is not my first choice.

I don't know, but thing about hangin something off your bike, if your bike gets kicked out from under you, or something else, you would be fumbling around trying to get your gun out. If it's on your person, either a pack, fanny pack, or holster, at least it goes with you. Just sayin.

Check out the Remora holsters. They are clipless IWB style holsters that have a wicked tacky outer surface that does not seem to fail when wet. I haven't put mine into full service yet, but have seen reviews and have been "testing" it around the house for about a month now. I have yet to have it slide or shift. I have worn it in jeans with and with out a belt, in sweats, and in my pj's. It really does hold pretty well, even with my XD45. I would bet it would stay put in your bike shorts if, especially if you are wearing tights (I wear tights under my baggier shorts when I ride). Have to wait until I receive my CWP before I test this one though.

Good luck. Stay safe.

Get a handle bar bag,make a holder for a bottle basket,put the pistol in one of those back pockets on a biking shirt,wear some cargo shorts and have it in the leg pocket

There are tons of places to keep a gun on a bike.Go to REI or such and look at all the packs and carriers they have.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top