JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been looking for a holster for my full size Ruger SR1911 for a while and I was not liking any of the "off the shelf" holsters. I looked at a bunch of the big name custom holster makers but their turn around times were way to long.

I did a google search to see If K&D holsters were still open as I have used them before and got the best holster I have ever had for my M&P 45c but they closed a few years ago, in the search results I found a link for Nelson Holsters and the owner has been carrying on some of K&D holsters designs.

His pictures and reviews looked good and his turn around time was only 3-4 weeks so I thought I would give him a try.

The Holster is absolutely beautiful and the quality is fantastic, he does all the stitching by hand and not on a sewing machine and the molding fits and holds the gun perfect.

His name is Ervin Nelson and he does all the work by himself, he is the most friendliest person I have dealt with and will answer any questions you have right away. Here is the best part, I ordered the holster on January 7th and I received it on January 15th!!!! He does not keep holsters instock he made the holster in six days!!!!!!

If you are looking for a holster I would not hesitate to order one from Mr. Nelson. Again here is his website Nelson Holsters

Here are some pictures of my holster.

IMG_3762_zps386533d3.jpg
IMG_3763_zpsa53b0900.jpg
IMG_3764_zpsdd0a2903.jpg
IMG_3768_zps2e4e3173.jpg

IMG_3769_zps2dd35114.jpg

How much did that run ya? Looks good either way just been lookin for a holster for my 1911, but I was leaning toward Blocker...

The holster is $80.95 and then I added the thumb break for $15.00. I normally would go without the thumb break but this is going to be for open carry so I wanted some extra retention.

Very nice looking holster. In this day and age of kydex and nylon (both of which are great, BTW), there's definitely some guns that seem to just feel better in a leather holster.

I only use leather for all my guns, there is nothing better looking than a well made custom leather holster.

I have been looking for a holster for my full size Ruger SR1911 for a while and I was not liking any of the "off the shelf" holsters. I looked at a bunch of the big name custom holster makers but their turn around times were way to long.

I did a google search to see If K&D holsters were still open as I have used them before and got the best holster I have ever had for my M&P 45c but they closed a few years ago, in the search results I found a link for Nelson Holsters and the owner has been carrying on some of K&D holsters designs.

His pictures and reviews looked good and his turn around time was only 3-4 weeks so I thought I would give him a try.

The Holster is absolutely beautiful and the quality is fantastic, he does all the stitching by hand and not on a sewing machine and the molding fits and holds the gun perfect.

His name is Ervin Nelson and he does all the work by himself, he is the most friendliest person I have dealt with and will answer any questions you have right away. Here is the best part, I ordered the holster on January 7th and I received it on January 15th!!!! He does not keep holsters instock he made the holster in six days!!!!!!

If you are looking for a holster I would not hesitate to order one from Mr. Nelson. Again here is his website Nelson Holsters

Here are some pictures of my holster.

Thank you very much for the kind words and great picture.

I may start calling you when i need photos made.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top