Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Holster foster parent program?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Nov 14, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I know a lot of us have holsters that we seldom use. I get questioned a lot about holsters I have in some of my pics. I was wondering if it mightbe a good idea to set up a "holster foster parent" program where people could borrow unused holsters from other members to try out before investing in the same one themselves. maybe not your $300 custom rigs, but most probably would not mind lending out their Galcos and similar holsters. Spending just one day with a borrowed holster might save someone from spending $50-$100 bucks on the wrong holster.

Thoughts?

2. AndyH

AndyH Keizer, Oregon Well-Known Member

That's an awsome idea, I would be happy to loan out any of mine and I am sure there are a few I would like go try out.

3. dragonsden73

dragonsden73 Salem, Oregun Active Member

Great idea, I have offered many times my holsters for people to try out.

So where is the handgun foster parent program thread?????

4. Descendant

Descendant Eugene, Oregon Member

:winner: :laugh:

5. ricsha

ricsha Oregon Coast - Lincoln City Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

This is a great idea. Like most of you, I have purchased holsters based on a catalog or web picture, and sometimes it works out, sometimes not. I'd jump at the chance to try something I'm thinking about out before buying; and would be willing to let others try mine.