JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not allowed to carry at work. It was in the new hire paperwork. I've always just left my pistol in my car in a lock box chained to the frame of my seat. However I feel like if something were to happen I'd rather risk losing my job than my life. We've had a few employees freak out after being fired. I do physical work often having to raise my arms over my head exposing my waist band. What type of holster would you recommend I wear. I carry a Glock 43 or a S&W 36 mostly. I've seen the smart carry holsters but I'm not to sure about them.

Have you tried a "belly band" holsters or an ankle holster? I know I hate them, but if there isn't a choice I'd prefer the concealment shirts by UnderTech. They make them from small to 3XL in men's.

Last Edited:
If you don't have to have your shirt tucked in, try appendix carry. I do at work everyday.

If you don't have to have your shirt tucked in, try appendix carry. I do at work everyday.

I don't have to tuck but my waistband seems to get exposed while doing some activities at work. I guess I could start wearing oversized shirts as an option. I'm still afraid my shirt may get pulled up when sliding between tight spaces. And if I tuck my shirt there is the clip exposed. But tucked may be my best option with appendix carry.

81IZMU9wxNL._SL1368_.jpg
@Travispitt
Try these looks like a cell phone not a Amazon sell them for like 10.00 from Uncle Mikes.
You will have to look for one that fits what you have.

OR Go ankle but thats not much fun working.

Last Edited:
Check out the Versacarry. Zero bulk holster. If you get the extra long version you can go deep carry and not much shows. What does can be hidden with a shirt or waist bag.

Sounds like ankle, belly band or that one pouch holster that holds the piece right in front of your jewels-can't remember the name.

The last option is best if you wear loose pants.

Bianchi offered a holster they called the Agent 9R. It's a Shoulder Holster that places the butt of the Gun pointing down. If properly fitted it holds a Model 36 in a Very nice position. I carried a Model 19 in one for a number of years and if I didn't show it to someone they simply didn't know it was there. fleaBay has them very often.

Thanks. I just ordered one. I'll bet my Sig P290 will fit in it nicely.

Post back when you get it, I was thinking about one after I looked when reading post
considering one myself for times when I simply have to wear lightly.
Glad to help hope its the right size.:)

Depending on your clothing, and on a scale from Fubu sweatsuit loose to Zoo Lander fitted tight, perhaps consider the G43 in a wallet holster. May be a little large for Front pocket carry.. My pockets are larger because of my height and size.. so not sure if its a possibility. You could always go .380 and reduce the size even more and then accomplish the same goal.

If you carried in the rear back pocket it would simply look like a wallet. Leaving your wallet in a locker or desk, vehicle or other pocket.

My job is more on the active side, sometimes I have to take the pistol on or off depending on what Im doing on the job, often quickly and without people really noticing near my vehicle.. same goes for reholstering back on me.. the wallet holster helps hide all that, no tucking or noticeable reholstering.

On the job it looks like Ive got a phone, note pad or a wallet in my front pocket.

YMMV.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads