JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking from a woman's perspective, I can say that I have tried quite a few different holsters, and finally settled on two favorites;

For most everyday carry, I use a modified bellyband, with straps that keep my piece high on my tummy right up under my....um....well, you know. :rolleyes: As with every carry method, there are pros and cons that each individual has to explore and weigh for themselves. On the pro side, no one in a million years would ever guess I am carrying, and that is the most important for me, having the element of surprise. (If I get surprised first, well, nothing in the world is 100%, and I know where I am going when I cross that threshold into eternity... ;)) On the con side, it is a little slow to access, but I am generally acutely aware of my surroundings and feel confident enough that I could be ready in a timely manner if I needed to be. o_O

My second favorite carry method for both access and comfort is a simple competition OWB that I wear a cover garment over. I wear this during my classes and while at the range, but am well concealed enough that I can still run around downtown without being made. Because my EDC is a sweet little XDs .45, it is the perfect size for me to conceal, even outside the waistband.

In class we do touch on conceal carry, but I found that most of my students do not carry every day. I do stress that the journey is one that will take a conscious effort, and may require a change in wardrobe choices and comfort. One of my favorite quotes is from Clint Smith, who states, "Conceal carry is not supposed to be comfortable, it is supposed to be comforting." I like that, and I stress that where there is a will, there is a way, and if we really feel something is important, we will make whatever adjustments we need to make to accommodate the changes.;);):)

As a side note, I was at the zoo last week, and the sign at the ticket counter says "no firearms with the exception of ORS 166.173", and my wife asked what it was, then I heard the gal behind me asking her husband what that was, and he was explaining to her that it allowed for CHL holders to carry on public property. This piqued my interest, and I was trying to figure out what and where he was carrying. Since he wasn't wearing a fanny pack, I never spotted it.
If one has big enough love handles there is always a fold to hide it .... or he wasn't carrying at all just knew the law.

I don't really care how a fanny pack looks, or whether or not it appears that it's even feasible to hide a firearm in it, but if I see a fanny pack, I'd say that the odds are pretty good that there's a gun inside.

*edit: A fanny pack just makes me giggle inside.

I admit it's open carry without the gun being in the open. Probably the best way to to open carry as you are still telling people you are armed even if you are not.

You really should be careful on your edits, one might ask where and how far inside you the fanny pack has to be to make you giggle, please don't tell us as I just don't want that visual.:s0140:

Only holster my wife would wear was a Remora. She wore it with all her fancy pant types that I don't understand. I do like to stare though!

As the news recently has shown us, off the body carry is full of problems. The Bang Flash style bra holster can work, but recently a woman shot and killed herself while using a that product or similar.

The fault for that tragedy would rest with the woman who (a) had her finger on the trigger (b) was looking down the barrel of her gun and (c) pulled the trigger while adjusting the holster, thereby putting a bullet through her own eye. I'm a guy so I have no clue about the merits of the Flash Bang bra holster but I do know that violating the basics of gun safety and pulling the trigger will result in a negligent discharge regardless of the type of holster used.

I don't think that the thugs got the memo.
what memo is that? the fanny pack? because I don't even make that association. Anything that allows you to access the firearm quickly will save yourself. A fellow Oregonian I met lived in Atlanta Georgia for a time. She recalled a time where she went for a walk and noticed a caddy keeping pace with her. As soon as she pulled her pistol from behind her back they sped off and never seen again. had she been open carrying I'm pretty sure they would have sped off much sooner.

Sometimes a full cover holster is a good comfortable option
when it may not be possible to keep it reliably hidden under a shirt.

I had this holster custom made for my Bobcat (the permanently attached "pen" holds a cleaning brush) there's room inside for a spare mag. The double magnet closure is very secure and opens silently (unlike Velcro, zipper, or snaps). The "RYOBI" label allows me to tell the curious that it's a spare battery for my weed whacker.

I'm currently getting one made to fit my Bersa CC (it will have space for 2 mags).
I think I'll put "first aid" with a red cross on it, or maybe go the Black and Decker route this time.

Bobcat Full Cover Holster.jpg

Bobcat Full Cover Holster.jpg

I occasionally carry in a fanny pack in hot weather mainly because they're pretty comfortable and I don't give a rats rump who suspects I'm carrying! It enables me to carry a full sized pistol in the heat. 'course everyone knows I'm carrying, it's a big ol' Galco! It just screams gun! So?

PS: When I'm bicycling I carry my Ruger LCP IWB at 6:00. Best of luck to your wife, it's cool that she has a CHL! SRG

My wife carries everytime she leaves the house and has been sold on the flashbang holsters. It straps in the middle of her bra, and conceals her p938 very well. Her previous carry was a Kahr CM9 and she carried it the same for well over a year.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top