JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so I finally got my wife to agree to get her CHL. We picked her out a Ruger LC9s and now the question is holster selection.

As she is a woman there isn't a single holster that will work for her 100% of the time.

So I am reaching out to see what the community has came across for holsters for ladies. The hardest one I think is going to be for when she goes out on her walks/jog. She wears exercise clothes so no belt and everything is usually pretty tight so imprinting would be hard to hide.

So if anyone has idea and or suggestions please share. If the ladies would share on what they use it would be a big help as well.

Thanks

As an firearms safety instructor, I've been searching for this very advice to my female students for years now. There are several different products on the market, all of which have their down sides.

As the news recently has shown us, off the body carry is full of problems. The Bang Flash style bra holster can work, but recently a woman shot and killed herself while using a that product or similar.

One of my fellow instructors who is female suggests to find a holster you like, and try it for one week with hair brush in it. (or mock up of the pistol you want to use). If you can safely handle the non-firearm for one week and not drop, cross your body, or someone else's body then it may be the right one.

I'm looking forward to other people's input on this topic.

The wife has almost every style known to man. Uses none. Best luck I've had getting her to carry was a purse deigned for CC. She originally chose a pistol that is just way too big for her body. She just purchased herself the new Ruger LC9 pro (or whatever) I hope she carries it more.

You might as well open carry if you're going to use a fanny pack. Nothing screams "gun" like a fanny pack.

Well she carried a gun for a lot of years and never got hurt... We traveled a lot with my work and spent a lot of time on the roads. The convenience of having a gun handy strapped to her at all times out weighed what it looked like. She never carried a purse for thieves to grab and run off with plus when she had to do her business she didn't have to take her gun off.

You might as well open carry if you're going to use a fanny pack. Nothing screams "gun" like a fanny pack.
If you look at the 5.11 I posted a little earlier, I think they do a decent job making the pouches look too small for a firearm. The trick is that when you open the square pouch it extends all the way into the triangular section. I even put a flat first aid kit in front of the gun, so I could always show what's in it ;-)

Well she carried a gun for a lot of years and never got hurt...

I wasn't implying that a fanny pack wasn't safe, I was merely pointing out that there are two types of people that wear fanny packs; the fat sweaty guy that lives in his mom's basement, and the guy that's got a gun in his fanny pack.

If you look at the 5.11 I posted a little earlier, I think they do a decent job making the pouches look too small for a firearm. The trick is that when you open the square pouch it extends all the way into the triangular section. I even put a flat first aid kit in front of the gun, so I could always show what's in it ;-)
I don't really care how a fanny pack looks, or whether or not it appears that it's even feasible to hide a firearm in it, but if I see a fanny pack, I'd say that the odds are pretty good that there's a gun inside.

*edit: A fanny pack just makes me giggle inside.

I wasn't implying that a fanny pack wasn't safe, I was merely pointing out that there are two types of people that wear fanny packs; the fat sweaty guy that lives in his mom's basement, and the guy that's got a gun in his fanny pack.
or a guy / girl that is engaged in sports and has no other place to put a few necessities...

For the record, most people, including myself, that know that a fanny pack holds a gun, could really care less if you're wearing one and hiding your gun there.

Still better to have one on you, even if people suspect you might have one. No one needs to be mauled by a pit bull, raped by a trail predator, etc.
I wasn't saying "don't carry a gun in your fanny pack", I was saying that I get a kick out of people wearing fanny packs, as they are the most obvious form of concealed carry. Yes, always carry a firearm, even if it's in your fanny pack.

As a side note, I was at the zoo last week, and the sign at the ticket counter says "no firearms with the exception of ORS 166.173", and my wife asked what it was, then I heard the gal behind me asking her husband what that was, and he was explaining to her that it allowed for CHL holders to carry on public property. This piqued my interest, and I was trying to figure out what and where he was carrying. Since he wasn't wearing a fanny pack, I never spotted it.

I conceal a full size M&P 40 with a belly band when I run, but I also wear fairly loose t-shirts. I don't know how tight her clothing is, but LC9s are pretty dang small so it the belt band might work for her. The fanny pack is actually a very good option for all the haters out there. A lot of marathon/distance runners use fanny packs with the water bottle holders. I wouldn't give one of those a second thought unlike a standard fanny pack. Shouldn't be that hard to adapt one of those for CC, and as boogerhook mentioned, she can have more than just the pistol in there.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top