Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Holster for running..? Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by CharlesAFerg, Jun 7, 2010.

1. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

I'm looking for a holster (Shoulder holster?) that I may wear while I'm running.

I would prefer if;
    *It is made out of a washable material, something that moisture and salt won't affect, unlike leather.
    *It doesn't require a belt to hook on to.
    *VERY minimal, something I may hide under a shirt.

Other holsters would be considered, but remember that I don't wear a belt, and don't plan on wearing a belt.

2. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

I suppose this could be an option...
    Belly band style...

3. mr11b

mr11b Portland, OR Member

4. ZO6Vettever

ZO6Vettever Key West New Member

If y'all can run y'all don't need a weapon! Only kidding! I'm about as far away as you can get in the USA here in Key West but we're sharing the same interests. I carry in a Tommy's Gun Pack sometimes and suppose it would work for running. Good quality bag, probably couldn't wear one out! Be safe!

5. Papi

Papi Washington New Member

So what did you decide?

6. Deavis

Deavis Mid Willamette Valley Active Member

I have a neoprene belly band one that is stamped "An armed society is a polite society" It fits my G23 ( Heavy and bangs into me ) or my S&W Airweight (much nicer). I am sorry I dont know who made it. I would imagine with some rudementary sewing skills an old pair of waders and a little velcro you could make one of these cheap!

7. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

8. hendrixfan

hendrixfan Clackamas County Member

When I run at night, I just use a Blackhawk Serpa for my Glock 23 and a long t shirt. Yes it prints but running at night so not too concerned about it. During cooler weather I wear a light windbreaker and can conceal it that way and will carry it during the day. For summer day running I just throw my NAA blackwidow in my pocket....

I know that doesn't help with not wearing a belt, but I find it to be comfortable.

9. mxitman

mxitman N. Seattle Member

I run as well and have had a hard time and spent lots of money on different setups. I've tried belly bands, iwb, owb, fanny type packs wrapped around my back work ok. I've gotten it down to this; If i'm going for a long run 5+ miles then I use a hydration pack I got from Costco, it has a pocket for a mesh type cover that when removed will easily carry and conceal a subcompact firearm and it's quick and easy access without having to remove the pack. Plus it can carry water, snacks, FAK, etc.

I also have a cheap nylon holster universal type that will carry my 3" 1911 on the small of my back (OWB) if it's cool enough to wear a sweatshirt, but this requires a belt so it limits what i'm doing.

Other than that I will use a 5.11 holster shirt, but it itches me allot around the stitching. It's like a under armor shirt and helps keep you warm when it's cool outside. I wouldn't wear it if it was over 65 myself just cause I get too hot.

I also have a pair of shorts that I stitched in some of that stretchable 2" webbing into my right pocket, but it's only good for small auto's .380 etc. due to the pocket size.