JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please help me choose a good leather or horsehide belt holster for my Glock 30 for concealed carry and range use. Ive always carried with IWB holsters and have never owned a regular belt holster before. Heres what I'm looking for: a belt holster that rides high, has no snaps (either retention or belt loop) fits a 1 3/4" belt and pulls the grip in tight. I like Kramer, Milt Sparks, Desantis and the like. I'm not sure if I want a cant or not. Any recommendations?

Last Edited:
you might also look on glocktalk classifieds for a good deal on used holster that would fit. chances are it will take you a few tries before you find the one you like. holster fit is such a personal thing. good luck!

Thanks for the info guys. My EDC is usually a g23 in a kramer horsehide IWB holster on a Desantis 1.75" belt. I would like to carry the g30 occasionally and have a quality Kramer IWB holster for it, but its just too thick for IWB for me. I'm wondering if the weight of the g30 would make a high ride holster seem floppy. Perhaps I should be looking for a standard height holster? Thanks for the info titsonritz, I'm going to look at Kramers OWB holsters, as I like their other stuff.

I think the Kramer Speed Scabbard fits the bill that you are asking for. Rides high, holds the grip tight to your body. Made from horsehide. The Kramer fit is outstanding it holds the gun really well but it isn't hard to draw the gun either. Hard to go wrong but it's not the only holster out there either.

Sorry. The Kramer Belt Scabbard is a similar design to what most makers call a speed scabbard. Canted pancake style with without any thumb snap retention strap. I meant the Belt Scabbard.

I guess I havnt exactly ruled out kydex. I've owned one before, a Blade Tech Phantom IWB and it just wast comfortable. But this is probably because it was kydex and IWB. Heres the one I'm looking at, but I'm worried about floppiness with a heavy g30. It even says a sturdy belt is required.
<broken link removed>

TT Gunleather is good to go they make outstanding holsters. I'm sure you will not have any problem with that model. Don't overlook the advice they give of a sturdy belt though. I think a top quality belt is the main factor in CC success. A really good belt can make up for the deficiency of a not so good holster but even the very best holster can not take up the slack of a poor belt. Think about it.

I've decided I don't like IWB. I have to buy bigger pants and belt and I think they print just as much, all things considered. They can also chaff my skin if I don't wear something under them, something I don't like on hot days.

I really like my Bianchi. I want a thumb release strap so some yahoo doesn't see the print and make a successful grab for my gun. The strap doesn't slow me down any at all as my thumb easily releases it on my hand's downward motion.

I have an FBI forward cant and wear it at 4:00 under a loose untucked shirt. It rides pretty high and hugs my waist really well with minimal print.

opplanet-holsters.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads