JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi folks, looking for ideas for a holster for my 87 year old dad. He's a left hander and carries a Smith and Wesson M & P .380 Shield EZ. He currently has an IWB kydex style holster that is made to be worn near the kidney and is really uncomfortable. I told him I'd make a post here and see if we could get some ideas from other lefties.

Thanks in advance,

Daddy0

Most holster makers offer left and right handed holsters. Left-handed by the kidney would suggest a 7 o'clock position. I would not place a holster in the 5-7 o'clock range for several reasons, comfort being one. Has he tried the 8-9 o'clock area? Also, leather is more comfortable against bare skin. I am a fan of the Kramer #3, but it is intended/designed for the Glock 19 with it's steeper grip angle and mag heavy grip. There are plenty of excellent options out there.

Last Edited:
Most holster makers offer left and right handed holsters. Left-handed by the kidney would suggest a 7 o'clock position. I would not place a holster in the 5-7 o'clock range for several reasons, comfort being one. Has he tried the 8-9 o'clock area? Also leather is more comfortable against bare skin. I am a fan of the Kramer #3, but is is intend/designed for the Glock 19 with it's steeper grip angle and mag heavy grip.
That Kramer #3 looks like a well made product. I filled in the make/model and it looks like they make one for his gun. Thanks for the input, I'll forward it to him.
I too am lefty.
My all time favorite is the Don Hume J.I.T. owb.
Also, 8-9 will be more comfortable.

Joe
I like the simplicity of the J.I.T.

I agree that leather will definitely be more comfortable for him.

Thanks again guys.

My dad ended up having a custom holster made by a local guy here in Cowlitz County, WA.

Ron at Bear Pa Leatherworks made him an OWB holster for his .380 M&P Shield EZ with laser and it turned out pretty sweet.

nc_ohc=g8KATP0-KWcAX-ru2V3&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio2-1.jpg
_1a87h&tn=gYCUHOmOnNyAl-tD&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio2-2.jpg
8U1HHO&tn=gYCUHOmOnNyAl-tD&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio2-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR