JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a good holster for my g17 G5 with rmr.

The only decent one I could find with a hood is the Safariland RDS but not sure a 200.00 holster is feasible. let alone requires a light.

anyone have a good holster idea? I cant do iwb

prefer to have a hood to protect the rmr. I found the 6360 over at optics planet for 150.00 I am trying to figure out the difference in mid and high ride . I plan on a paddle style

I was going to say the Trex arms Ragnarok is nice. But it isn't a level 2 or 3 holster.

FYI...I have the Safariland 6392RDS holster for my M&P and I believe it fits the G17 too. The 6360RDS is the same holster but it has the rotating hood (SLS). But the holster works with or without the RDS mounted and with/without the light. I obviously don't know for sure but there are decent odds the G17 wouldn't need a light either.

Personally, I'd skip the hood on that holster since it already has the ALS retention (which is awesome) and it's got the cover for the RDS unit...unless you really just like or truly need a Level III holster. Note that Safariland's hood is a manual one so it does add a little time to the draw and a little extra force to push it out of the way compared to a spring loaded hood.

Also note that the OT Defense Nub Mod is $25 well spent IMO if you get an ALS rig. It gives your thumb a bigger target to hit.

The mid and high ride are options are for Safariland's Universal Belt Mounts (UBL), with the mid ride being a couple inches of drop essentially. I believe this becomes a moot point with the paddle attachment as I don't think there are options for different drops with the paddle. But I could be wrong on this as I'm not super familiar with Safariland paddles.

If you have to have a hood, take a look at G Code XST holster. The XST holster has a hood and G Codes hoods are spring loaded so they're a tad faster than Safariland. G Code, however, does not offer any type of cover for the red dot. It's a cheaper rig though so it has that going for it. G Code makes great stuff!

I think BladeTech also makes a holster with a hood but I've got zero experience with them. I hear they make a good product though.

Otherwise if you don't need a hood...
  • G Code OSH holster
  • T Rex Ragnarok
  • JM Custom Kydex makes great rigs
  • Bravo Concealment

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR