JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For folks who have a 3" S&W J-Frame or Ruger SP-101, what holster do you use for your gun? I have a 3" S&W 60 and all the holsters seem to be built for 2" or 4" guns. Is a custom holster the way to go, or just get one for a 4" gun, or ???

That's the one drawback to the SP101 3" that I bought. There just aren't a lot of holster makers that make them for the 3" J frame S&W's or the 3" SP101 Ruger.

I originally got a Kirkpatrick Leather mini paddle. While it is very easy to take on and off, it does tend to shift around a bit and doesn't hold the gun as close to my body as I like. I still use it on occasion, but it isn't my primary carry holster for the SP101.

I ended up buying a Milt Sparks PMK and I really like it. It is an open top design, but it holds the gun very well and I like the way it rides. If you can put up with the 6-7 month wait, they are worth it.

Thanks - I'll have to take a look at those.

I'm not sure why, but I'm pretty cheap when it comes to holsters. I doubt I've paid more than $75 for a holster. Kind of silly given how important a role they play.

I'm not sure why, but I'm pretty cheap when it comes to holsters. I doubt I've paid more than $75 for a holster. Kind of silly given how important a role they play.

I used to buy cheap holsters until it finally sunk in that I was throwing good money after bad with holsters that didn't fit properly and didn't last.

Buying a quality handgun and then a cheap holster for it is kind of like buying a Mercedes Benz and putting retreads on it.

Soteria's holsters are not much more than buying a Galco holster but they are light years more comfortable IMHO. Galco is a good holster and very well made but they are generic and made to work pretty good for everyone but not great for anyone.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top