JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I will soon be attending a formal event that requires me to wear my suit. My suit has dress suspenders and the belt loops on the pants are too small for a holster-worthy belt. A shoulder holster wont work because I will want to be able to remove the jacket if it gets warm. I am looking for one of those "undershirt" holsters that is basically a white undershirt with a holster sewn or velocroed on it beneath the arm pit. Any suggestions on specific brands or types would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

5.11 Tactical. I have one, it fits tight like an Under Armor shirt so if you're not used to it, it can be uncomfortable. Order one size down, I wear a L shirt usually, ordered a M and it fits like a glove. I can carry up to a compact sized firearm, however a word of caution, if you lean over the gun WILL fall out, had it happen once unfortunately, you can try adding more velcro if that bothers you, but I try to avoid leaning over now lol. It also does get a little itchy, and a little warm. There's no way you'd be able to carry a full sized gun though, it'd be way too heavy and big, especially if they're a double stack like a Glock, etc.

Another word, if you use it in conjunction with the 5.11 shirts (forgetting the name, but they have false buttons), it makes drawing a breeze; at least, easier than having to lift up/unbutton your dress shirt and drawing from there. It may print with if you wear a lighter colored shirt, I've only worn dark shirts over it and it really takes a little bit of searching to notice the gun. Good luck!

5.11 Tactical. I have one, it fits tight like an Under Armor shirt so if you're not used to it, it can be uncomfortable. Order one size down, I wear a L shirt usually, ordered a M and it fits like a glove. I can carry up to a compact sized firearm, however a word of caution, if you lean over the gun WILL fall out, had it happen once unfortunately, you can try adding more velcro if that bothers you, but I try to avoid leaning over now lol. It also does get a little itchy, and a little warm. There's no way you'd be able to carry a full sized gun though, it'd be way too heavy and big, especially if they're a double stack like a Glock, etc.

Another word, if you use it in conjunction with the 5.11 shirts (forgetting the name, but they have false buttons), it makes drawing a breeze; at least, easier than having to lift up/unbutton your dress shirt and drawing from there. It may print with if you wear a lighter colored shirt, I've only worn dark shirts over it and it really takes a little bit of searching to notice the gun. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. Do you think it would work OK with an airweight Ruger LCR .38 snub revolver? Thats the smallest gun I have.

how about a simple front pocket holster?

I have a pocket holster for my Ruger LCR, but the pockets in my suit are too shallow to conceal it. I also thought of trying an ankle holster, but when I sit down the legs of the pants pull up high enough to expose my socks. I only own one suit and I might wear it once every couple years, when I bought it and had it fitted I did not do so with concealed carry in mind.

Thanks for the tip. Do you think it would work OK with an airweight Ruger LCR .38 snub revolver? Thats the smallest gun I have.

Probably, I used to carry a Glock 26 in it. The width is the biggest concern, your LCR should be around the same width as my 26, so you'd have no issues carrying it. I'd definitely be careful if you're going in to give someone a hug or something, though. Your LCR shouldn't be a concern, if you have anything bigger you could probably be able to carry that as well, as long as it's not huge, like a full sized 1911, Glock 21, etc.

Kramer Confidant shirt. Simple, cheap and more than good enough for occasional use. Has Velcro security strap. Basically a mesh undershirt with pockets under each armpit.

Kramer Gunleather

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads