JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wrap your pistol in plastic wrap
Wet the leather holster with water (wet but not soaking)
Insert the pistol into the wet holster
Form the pistol shape into the leather with your fingers
Let the holster dry for a few hours and then remove the pistol
Unwrap the pistol and be sure that it is dry
Let the holster dry the rest of the way (it may take as long as a few days)
Enjoy your tighter holster

Wrap your pistol in plastic wrap
Wet the leather holster with water (wet but not soaking)
Insert the pistol into the wet holster
Form the pistol shape into the leather with your fingers
Let the holster dry for a few hours and then remove the pistol
Unwrap the pistol and be sure that it is dry
Let the holster dry the rest of the way (it may take as long as a few days)
Enjoy your tighter holster

Yep that worked for me.

When it is all formed be sure to use fluid film to condition the leather and protect it. Apply it, let it soak in. It will draken the leather so ne prepared for that.

i put it on a 40 y/o holster and it restored the suppleness of the leather. It darken it a few shades. but it was pretty.And will keep the leather good for a long time.
If you get a 2 oz squeeze bottle with a flip nozzle and drop a marble or bearing in, you keep one in your range bag. The marble acts as the agitator. A can last a long time. shake as needed.

Ok, I'll go the opposite way with you guys- my brand new UBG holster for my Sig P238 HD is actually snug to the point if I try and draw my pistol from concealment it tried to bring the holster off my belt with it. What can I do to loosen it up?

Galco makes something called Draw Ez. I've used it before to make a CW9 draw easier, and it worked well. A little goes a long way...I think I have more than half a bottle left. If you're ever in Portland you're more than welcome to it.

Ok, I'll go the opposite way with you guys- my brand new UBG holster for my Sig P238 HD is actually snug to the point if I try and draw my pistol from concealment it tried to bring the holster off my belt with it. What can I do to loosen it up?

Wrap up your gun in a thin sock and put it in the holster for a couple of hours or overnight. It will loosen it up a bit and make it much easier to draw from. I had this problem with a revolver and a new Tagua leather pancake holster, and one night with the gun in the sock loosened it up so it draws like a dream.

The one big problem with the Sig P238 HD is that Sig changed the slide dimensions and all the dummy guns are the smaller size. A sock should do the job that's what I recommend to all my holster customers.

Well I tried the soak and shrink method with little success. It may have made the holster a bittighter but not enough to really hold the pistol. I ended up taking it in to a shoe repair shop today and had the cobbler run a few stitches in the appropriate spot. Now its perfect.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top