JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A lot of people use rmr type dots on their pcc rifles.
In my opinion hands down the best red Dot for under $300. They all have super long battery life. I think you'll be very happy with their red dot.

My good friend took one on a tactical carbine class last summer. It failed on him. He went with an aimpoint after that and hasn't looked back.

Aimpoint is out of my price range, but my primary arms rd (same manufacturer as holosun) has held up great for 6 years now.

I've been using one for four years I haven't had a single issue. I used mine for three gun, and classes. I've also had two Eotechs break on me. There was a new model year or two go they did have so issues with. you sent it back and they give you a new one.
I mean obviously an AimPoint is better but it also cost anywhere between two to four times as much depending on the model. I think the praise that they get from some of the top shooters in the world speaks for itself.

I know there are a lot of factors making a decision, size, weight, Aimpoint size, or the smaller RMR type, cost.
All this I'm trying to keep in mind for such a short effective range. I have an MD-ADS that I plan on trying, but I'm not sure I want to go with. The Holosun being dual fuel, I like. I also looked at the HS510c, but that's pretty near an Eotech in size comparison.

Keep the replies coming!

I know there are a lot of factors making a decision, size, weight, Aimpoint size, or the smaller RMR type, cost.
All this I'm trying to keep in mind for such a short effective range. I have an MD-ADS that I plan on trying, but I'm not sure I want to go with. The Holosun being dual fuel, I like. I also looked at the HS510c, but that's pretty near an Eotech in size comparison.

Keep the replies coming!
They also make a micro dot that has the donut of death reticle like Ia EOTech. have one on my shotgun.

I have red dots (Aimpoint, PA) and Holographics (EO) and the bigger AP CompM4's, That I'll mock up, but way overkill in the size/weight dept.
I want to stay as small footprint as possible but still be quick acquisition without struggling to be in the window.

I keep talking, and I'll be in the AP T2 category. I'm trying to avoid that.

I have a red holosun on an MPX that I don't use that much but always works when I need it. I also just purchased a green 510c with the solar panel that I really like but don't have a lot of experience with yet.

The 510c is one at the top of my list currently.
There's quite the size difference compared to Eotech

I'd like to hear more about the latest models.
Thanks to all who replied to now.
Here's hoping the topic get's more input.

ok so I am going to try and help you with your decision, based on my personal experiences.

- I ran a CZ Scorpion with an HS515. The anti-glare mesh mounted on the front did great in bright sunlight but blocked too much light in low light conditions so I switched it out for an HS510 and wow, the wilder field of view and simplicity/clarity of the glass made it an absolute winner. I ended up selling my other Trijicon and Vortex optics so that I can run HS510s on my CZ Scorpion and Kriss Vectors.
- I have both the HS510c in black and FDE, and an HS510 elite with a green reticle and it is fantastic even in bright sunlight. Once I got the HS510 elite, I will never have another non-magnified holographic RDS on my PCCs (I have a Vortex Strikefire on an AR, but that LPVO)
-if you are anywhere near Woodinville/Monroe, you are welcome to shoot with me and try the various Holosun options. I have an HS507 on a ZEV Dragonfly as well.

Other notes: non of my Holosuns have ever needed a battery to be replaced. My Vortex Venom 3MOA needs a new battery about every 2 months if left on. One of my Trijicon RMRs flickers on and off due to the battery connection design, but the other one is reliable. I have NEVER had an issue with any of my Holosuns, and they have been well used.

Run a 503c on my AR pistol...LOVE it!

I get an Eotech reticle that I can see ( have a slight astigmaism )...the Eotech laser painted reticle looks pixelated and washed out to my eyes, the Holosun LED is bright and clear.

Run a 503c on my AR pistol...LOVE it!

I get an Eotech reticle that I can see ( have a slight astigmaism )...the Eotech laser painted reticle looks pixelated and washed out to my eyes, the Holosun LED is bright and clear.
I'm soon going to find out, Eotech 3-4 ~vs~ Holosun 510c.
Green one on the way!

Well he didn't say what he wants it for .
A 9mm or a 5.56 they work.
Now I would love to have a .
Agog or a aim point.
But let's get real 600 bucks to 1000 dollars for a red dot is .
F#@#&+-& crazy.
But it is what it is.
Somebody is buying them because they are still in business

So let's go back to school a little bit.
The red dot site is for QUICK SHOOTING.
it's not for long range .
Here's what you do put a red dot on your gun .
Site it in at 36 yards .
That gives you a impact point dead center at 36 yards.
Then the target GETS closer the impact point drops up to 3 or 4 inches.
Then past 36 yards it will go up.
Out a certain point.
Then start dropping again.
Depends on caliber and barrel length.
Sorry the 36 yards is for 5.56
It could be different for other caliber.

Right, basically the same as the Eotech reticle. Bottom of the reticle when upfront close.
For 100yds more/less, MOM, dead on. Add Kentucky beyond

Here is a video the top one well I still can't upload a link .
But screen shot is all you get 36 yard zero Screenshot_2019-06-08_194656.jpg Screenshot_2019-06-08_194650.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top