JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I am about to see what kind of warranty holosun has. I bought their 503g with the chevron acss reticle and it has been a pretty good match for my AR build in 7.62x39. A couple months ago it cost me a deer as it went into it's auto off mode and would not shake awake. By the time I got it on, the deer was out of range. I finally got around to checking it out on the bench and the shake awake is truly kaput. I replaced batt and tried it again. After 10 mins it goes into (sleep mode) never to be awakened again except by manually turning it back on. If it had a setting just to leave on all the time it would still be ok but the damn thing turns off every 10 minutes no matter what. Going to send it back but reading on the www it sounds like this is an ongoing problem for holosun and the next one will probably do the same thing. When I talk to them, maybe I will request a model that has a constant on feature. That way when the shake awake dies again I will still have a somewhat useful optic:oops:. Anybody else with holosun troubles?

I've got a 403B that ate the first battery in about 3 months, which is a long way from 50,000 hours :eek:. The second one seems to be okay so far, it's been in for 6 o 7 months, I just checked and it was on when I picked it up, as it should be. Of course, I don't know if it was off before I picked it up, I'll need to take it out to my shop and leave it where I can monitor if it ever shuts off. Happy with it otherwise, it's on my Ruger Mini 14, and I have no trouble whacking steel with it out to 300 yards (farthest I've managed so far). I had a Primary Arms that looked identical to this one, but without the shake to wake feature, I like this one much better, the dot is actually a dot instead of a misshapen blob. Hope things work out with Holosun.

Might be worth looking at the Primary Arms prism, it's etched, so it's still usable if the battery or electronics take a poop.

A couple updates. I found a warranty form to fill out on holosun's website to receive a rma. I submitted form and got confirmation it was received but after a couple days I did not receive a rma. Called them this AM and a live person answered and said that they were not getting those forms submitted from their website for some reason. He advised that I email [email protected] and get a form sent to my email and fill it out and wait for it to be reviewed :mad:. So we shall see. Also I dismounted the red dot from rifle and found if I violently shook the shiite out of it ......... it will re-awaken. Not workable.

Called them this AM and a live person answered and said that they were not getting those forms submitted from their website for some reason. He advised that I email [email protected] and get a form sent to my email and fill it out and wait for it to be reviewed :mad:. So we shall see.

Very shortsighted policy on their part to make you jump through hoops over a couple hundred bucks, instead of trying to make a repeat customer out of you. I don't understand this type of management.

You can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin him once.

So after jumping through those hoops, Holosun informed me since it has the acss reticle, Primary arms where I bought it handles the warranty. So a new set of hoops has appeared:confused:.

Saga continues. It turns out PA has the same sort of system as holosun. I called and talked to pa customer service and they told me to fill out online form with all info. Did that at got acknowledgement that it was received but now I have to wait for them to review info before they will issue rma and it make take a day or two.

Last Edited:
I have run Holosuns for many years, I have prob 15 of them and to date have had only one failure on a used one I purchased off here. Called holosun up and they told me it had a lifetime warranty no matter who bought it. Now that was a couple years ago but within a week a new one showed up in the mail. Sucks you are having issues.

It is in the mail back to PA on my dime so far. I have done a lot of business with PA and I would expect they take care of it. I will report back on resolution.

Last Edited:
Makes me feel good about not buying their products. Red dots specifically, im only willing to buy the higher end options (aimpoijt, trijicon, etc) due to knowing they all take care of you if you happen to actually need anything.

I got an email from PA today that said unit was not repairable and new one is being sent. Staying optimistic that the replacement will not fail but customer service was pretty good once I figured out who was actually going to warranty it.:D

Good to hear, once in a while bubblegum happens. And it happens even with high end optics as I have had to warranty an MRO, Eotech, etc. I have had great luck with Holosun optics that I will never fork out the money for the high end red dots anymore. I shoot alot, and Holosun has earned my trust

I have owned several models of the Holosun 503 series. The 503G was the only one that had any issues. Parts of horseshoe surrounding the chevron/bdc reticle would turn on and off under force of recoil. Also, the horseshoe wasn't symetrical, one side was longer than the other and had less curvature. Finally, the reticle would distort as it neared the edges of the optic window. Given these issues, I returned it to Primary Arms for a refund. FWIW, I quit using mid tier dots like Holosun and have gone lower tier but reliable enough (e.g. TRS-25) on my range only guns or have payed a bit more to get low end Aimpoints or Trijicons on my series use rifles (e.g. the Aimpoint PRO is usually available for around $375 during sales). Anyway, my experience with Primary Arms RMAs has been excellent, hope yours is as well.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top