JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, the aimpoint looks right on your AR. Sadly, the AR does not look right on a flowered bedspread.

;)
This is the sacrifice you make when you marry:s0112: I let her pick out the drapes and bedspreads, I pick out the firearms...Plus if she is happy in bed, then I am also:winkkiss:

Use something that was designed for your AK,either a Kobra or a PK-AS.The PK-AS has a permanent black 1MOA dot in a 65MOA circle,with an illuminated 1.5MOA red dot over the 1MOA black dot,that way if your battery dies you still have an aiming point.I have Kobra sights on my AK and my AR,and a PK-AS on my USC...Russian optics are an incredible deal for the price...

Lots of choices,look here:http://www.avtomats-in-action.com/bstakoptics.html

Hello kirkcdl,
Thanks for your response and advice. Is the scope centered or offset? Also would you please give me the ballpark price you paid for it? Thanks for any information.
rhtwist

The PK-AS and Kobra sights are centered on the bore,some of the Russian optics are offset.I honestly don't know if it's the mounts or the scope/sight design.The Kobra and PK-AS run about $225 to $250 new,but if you watch GunsNet,AK files,and Saiga-12 forums you can get one a lot cheaper.My PK-AS cost me $125,my first Kobra was about the same,and the one I just put on my AR was $100...There are also some nice scopes designed for the AK,go to Ebay or Gunbroker and search for "POSP"...

I used to own an AK and was considering using the Ultimak gas tube mount. I was going to go with a wide field of view red dot. I like the simplicity of the single red dot on a 1X scope. In my way of thinking you dont become distracted by the sight and can focus on target or threat actions. I did use a Leupold MK4 CQT for a little while and liked the 3X magnification and the fact you could see the reticle without batteries unlike the Aimpoints we had on our M4's. Those M68 aimpoints could sure take a beating though. Your optimal solution will depend on the conditions under which you will be shooting. By the way I still have the Ultimak if you are interested. I never mounted it so its basically new.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top