JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else getting as tired of the Hollywood big mouths who because of their heralded, exalted positions as actors makes their opinion on politics, and guns in particular, important? The latest to make my growing bubblegum list is Samuel L. Jackson :rolleyes:.

He along with Alec Baldwin, Matt Damon, George Clooney, Liam Neeson, Mark Wahlberg, Danny DeVito, and a host of others are making my TV and rental movie selection process easier and easier. Who else among this crowd of Hollywood hypocrites makes you want to hurl?

Getting tired? I've been tired of them for a long, long time. Many of them are self-important attention whores that think their personal opinions (which are often dictated by what Hollywood tells them) are more important than the rest of us. They are bloviating blowhards that love to hear the sound of their own voices. I can think of only a small number of people in Hollywood that are worth listening to. The rest should stick to reading words written by other people while pretending to cry or be mad - that's really about all many of them are worth.

Anyone else getting as tired of the Hollywood big mouths who because of their heralded, exalted positions as actors makes their opinion on politics, and guns in particular, important? The latest to make my growing bubblegum list is Samuel L. Jackson :rolleyes:.

He along with Alec Baldwin, Matt Damon, George Clooney, Liam Neeson, Mark Wahlberg, Danny DeVito, and a host of others are making my TV and rental movie selection process easier and easier. Who else among this crowd of Hollywood hypocrites makes you want to hurl?

YES! :confused: Their whole public lives are pretend...so they keep pretending when off screen as well...:eek:

Never go out to see a movie anymore, rarely enjoy them at home knowing the actors are usually politically the polar opposite of me.
I could even live with that except the politics is often slipped in the movie subtly or sometimes less subtly.

Maybe 6 movies a year on Rental or Netflix, a couple of series then mostly news, investment shows and a lot of documentaries and reality shows on the line of Pawn Stars, American pickers etc. for me.

Jim Carrey.One guy that could fall off the edge of the earth and wouldn't be missed in my house.

The only role I ever liked Jim Carrey in was that of Johnny Squares in the Dead Pool. Both he and Liam Neeson had leading roles in this Dirty Harry film. I guess professional exposure and the pile of $$$ they made helped to ease that particular bit of hypocrisy...

All in all, they are two of the best arguments I know for slowing immigration down a bit.

Ex Gladio Libertas

I bought the movie "Lone Survivor" and plan to buy a copy of "American Sniper" a well. I will watch movies on Dish but prefer reality shows like Life Below Zero, Airplane Repo, Ice Rod Truckers-etc

dont forget this one too

yoLj70Z.png

Nope.

I pay very little, if any, attention to most celebrities, especially their personal lives or views on politics. "Fame" (or infamy) does not equate to respect in my book.

They may be a good actor, or a good basketball player, or whatever, but that doesn't make them smart much less wise. If they entertain me in the movie theater or on TV that is all I care about, I don't care or pay attention to their personal lives or politics any more than I care about the personal lives or politics of the guy at Costco who rings up my purchases.

My opinion of actors specifically is that these are people who, like politicians, make their living by acting (i.e., in essence, a form of pretending or lying). The main difference between actors and politicians is that at least some people in the general populace are aware (to some degree) that acting as entertainment is a type of fantasy (i.e., not the real world), whereas most people take politicians seriously.

Quoted from the article:

It is the mid-1980s. There is a party at the house of screenwriter Paul Schrader. Milius, who wrote Dirty Harry and Apocalypse Now and directed Conan the Barbarian and Red Dawn, is there when Pauline Kael arrives. Kael is the liberal New Yorker film critic. To her, a Milius film is only slightly better than a slime mold.

Milius has had some wine. He has an intermediary tell Kael that he would like a "conference" with her. A message comes back: Kael wants to know if Milius, who in meetings with executives was fond of displaying pistols, is armed.

"Tell her I'm not armed," Milius says. "But I myself am a weapon."

LMAO!!!!! :s0112: :s0010:

Rosie O'Donnell
Dr. Phil (man needs to stick to relationship advice and out of politics!)
x2 on Jim Carrey (I won't knowlingly watch another one of his films again after his video)
The Dixie Chicks (it was disrespectful and cowardice to use their fame to bash our politics while in another country)
Ann Coulter (she makes all right-wingers look like dumb, sexist pigs with her stupid statements)

Those are the top five for me...I swear if Obama makes another statement on what coorporations should or shouldn't do (telling Sony they were wrong) I'm going to pull out what little hair I have left!

Rosie O'Donnell
Dr. Phil (man needs to stick to relationship advice and out of politics!)
x2 on Jim Carrey (I won't knowlingly watch another one of his films again after his video)
The Dixie Chicks (it was disrespectful and cowardice to use their fame to bash our politics while in another country)
Ann Coulter (she makes all right-wingers look like dumb, sexist pigs with her stupid statements)

Those are the top five for me...I swear if Obama makes another statement on what coorporations should or shouldn't do (telling Sony they were wrong) I'm going to pull out what little hair I have left!

Not to mention Ann Coulter has an ADAMS APPLE!! :eek:

Have you ever noticed how many dysfunctional families come from broken marriages of these hollyweird fakes?

There are some that are entertaining but for the most part they are just fake people. o_O

Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Justin Beiber, and Miley Cirus anyone? (I'm glad their media "flash in the pan" has seemed to peaked) :s0154:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top