JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
HEY EVERYBODY...............BREAKING NEWS. JUST IN.....

I just got this e-mail from Armslist.com

Armslist.com scam warning

You previously responded to the listing:
"Drop in auto sear pre 1981"
This listing has been flagged as a potential scam by other users
"FAQs for information on how to avoid being scammed.

From what I understand, Armslist themselves actually does very little to stop these ads or to do anything about them. I've received a few of those emails like posted above on other listings in the past. As I understand it, Armslist basically relies on their customers to find the bad listings and report them - if they get X number of reports on a particular listing, they will pull it - they won't research it, they won't pursue it, just shut it down.

I had a listing flagged on AL a few years ago. I asked why my listing was tagged, they couldn't/wouldn't tell me except to say that it was tagged by the community. Their only response to me was to go ahead and relist it, because there was no way for them to clear the listing and return it to regular status. All I can figure is that someone didn't like the fact that I didn't accept their lowball offer on my item and decided to troll me by flagging my ad as bad. It was all BS because my ad was perfectly fine, just needed the right number of folks to flag it to shut it down - whether they are doing it for the right reasons or not.

I figure that about 1/6 of all Armslist ads are a scam of some sort.
If the price isn't in line with the real world, then I do a little Google research and sure enough, it's bogus.
Especially if they don't have any history of previous sales and just signed up that day.

Last Edited:
From what I understand, Armslist themselves actually does very little to stop these ads or to do anything about them. I've received a few of those emails like posted above on other listings in the past. As I understand it, Armslist basically relies on their customers to find the bad listings and report them - if they get X number of reports on a particular listing, they will pull it - they won't research it, they won't pursue it, just shut it down.

I had a listing flagged on AL a few years ago. I asked why my listing was tagged, they couldn't/wouldn't tell me except to say that it was tagged by the community. Their only response to me was to go ahead and relist it, because there was no way for them to clear the listing and return it to regular status. All I can figure is that someone didn't like the fact that I didn't accept their lowball offer on my item and decided to troll me by flagging my ad as bad. It was all BS because my ad was perfectly fine, just needed the right number of folks to flag it to shut it down - whether they are doing it for the right reasons or not.
Isn't that how Facebook works too? :rolleyes:

That's what happens on C/L with brass & reloading stuff, the idiots think it's ammunition. Just plain ignorant tarts with a panic button...:mad::mad::mad:

That's what happens on C/L with brass & reloading stuff, the idiots think it's ammunition. Just plain ignorant tarts with a panic button...:mad::mad::mad:

Yeah, CL is really bad for getting ads flagged - I'm guessing there are people who make it their personal mission to make sure nothing gun related, even those allowed to be on CL from ever seeing the light of day - I've had plenty of items flagged there - I just keep relisting them until they sell. I've run into the same thing on Letgo too. Some folks just like making other's lives difficult. Probably the same folks that drive 50 in the fast lane o_O:mad:

Yeah, CL is really bad for getting ads flagged - I'm guessing there are people who make it their personal mission to make sure nothing gun related, even those allowed to be on CL from ever seeing the light of day - I've had plenty of items flagged there - I just keep relisting them until they sell. I've run into the same thing on Letgo too. Some folks just like making other's lives difficult. Probably the same folks that drive 50 in the fast lane o_O:mad:

True Dat. I had one guy that was emailing me with lowball prices on a newer down rigger, I finally got frustrated and told him off. He was all butt hurt and wouldn't leave it lay (kept emailing).so I lit into him hard (no cursing even) and I haven't heard a peep. This is who I believe who is flagging my fishing ads.
Freakin people need a blanket party!!!:mad::mad::mad:

You only get to tag one time with your web account address on Craigslist and other similar web sites.
Your flag hit gets dropped into a bucket so to speak, and when it hits the set upper limit the ad is pulled.
One person can't flag your ad over and over unless they have an account that's untraceable.
That's what I was told by somebody smarter then me in these matters.

You only get to tag one time with your web account address on Craigslist and other similar web sites.
Your flag hit gets dropped into a bucket so to speak, and when it hits the set upper limit the ad is pulled.
One person can't flag your ad over and over unless they have an account that's untraceable.
That's what I was told by somebody smarter then me in these matters.

My guess is some of the self-righteous anti-gun folks that like to flag anything gun related, even if it's allowed, probably have enough friends they can call in to flag the same listing - it's surprising how quickly some listings can be flagged and shut down - sounds more like a coordinated attack against certain listings to me. Just my speculation though.

My guess is some of the self-righteous anti-gun folks that like to flag anything gun related, even if it's allowed, probably have enough friends they can call in to flag the same listing - it's surprising how quickly some listings can be flagged and shut down - sounds more like a coordinated attack against certain listings to me. Just my speculation though.
On Reddit they have groups who organize to "brigand" certain subreddits by downvoting posts en mass. Might be something like that.

I post ads on CL everyday for business. My competition flags me all the time. just repost and keep going may the better man win. :D

We do that here....A high end shotgun, and something else can't recall right now, came up in WTS with no price, from a member with NO history, joined yesterday, yada. Had the google picture from some auction site. The difference is we really ARE trying to saving an unsuspecting noob, and keep this forum clean and safe! Not trying to rid the world of "Our" perceived evil! Those ads were gone toot-sweet!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top