JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My issue with the original video is suggesting someone else try it. I'm hoping the guy with the NRA hat is a trained professional. I imagine the rest are not. Its good knowledge to have but he had already proven his point.

If you are close enough to grab the slide of someone's gun, as they try to shoot you, then you are in a world of trouble anyway.
Only question is, would you have the presence of mind to try it?

If you are close enough to grab the slide of someone's gun, as they try to shoot you, then you are in a world of trouble anyway.
Only question is, would you have the presence of mind to try it?
You can get yourself that close to folks pretty easy,every day.
So you're in line at the local corner store and the bad guy is standing behind you like he's waiting to buy something?
But yeah is your first thought 'golly I'll just grab the slide on that gun then he'll only get one shot off! ? Probably not but that's the idea of the vid is to keep your survival options increasing,no?
At that range I'd be thinking of gutting someone since my gun would be in the truck:eek:

This falls under the "What the Hell , I'm gonna die anyway , so , I might as well do something !" category.

Is it a technique that I would want to practice ... No.
Would it be my first choice ... Again no.
But it is good to see that it might work , a sore hand and being alive is a better option than dead.
Andy

Well depends on the beer I guess ...:D
But using what you have in your hand at that moment , may indeed be good idea.
Cup of hot coffee , the edge of a clip board across the bridge of the nose , tossing a chair , etc ...

You need to do what you can to survive in that moment
Andy

Yep , that would do nicely.
I can not carry at school ... Heck they sometimes get all wiggy over my EDC pocket knife... :confused::eek::mad:
( which is a 1930's era Schrade "Boy Scout type" pocket knife.)
So I am always looking around and thinking of what could be used as makeshift , save the students and get the Hell outta Dodge item...
Andy

If you have a bad temper like me,you can think of all kinds of ways to destroy things. Maybe it's my morbid sense of humor?
I had a table at a gun show and down a couple table was a gunsmith and his doctor wife. There was a thread cleaner on their table. I didn't know what it was,just a 1/8th steel rod about 3" with a 3 sided piece on the end.
The doc didn't like it when I suggested it be used to shove in a bad guy's ear:eek:
:D

I have a clipboard made from ballistic polycarbonate... It is made to stop a .38 from any distance. Used it when I had a route collecting cash out of payphones. Might make a good nose masher?

We all did this at an OFA class. It is not as big a deal as everybody is making it out to be. The slide needs momentum to hurt you and it doesn't even take a death grip to keep it from moving back very far.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top