JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"The Justice Department has requested $382.1 million in increased spending for its fiscal year 2014 budget for 'gun safety.'"

What a waste of resources. Just tack it to the 17 trillion we already owe.

"I think that one of the things that we learned when we were trying to get passed those common sense reforms last year, Vice President Biden and I had a meeting with a group of technology people and we talked about how guns can be made more safe," he (Holder) said.

This is the problem right here. Guns cannot be made more safe. They are designed to inflict mortal damage, trying to limit this makes no sense. Lets use that money to make people more safe. Put that $382.1 into mental health care and youth crime prevention or something.

1. Unless the owner plans on wearing the bracelet 24/7, it can be stolen and misused just as easily as the gun itself.

2. Since there is absolutely no possibility of retrofitting the 300-million or so "dumb" guns that are currently in circulation, the idea that "smart" guns will lead to a decrease in gun crime is a joke.

3. How hard would it be for a hacker to fabricate some sort of jamming device that would disable any such guns within a certain radius? Cell phone jammers are easy enough to put together, I dont see how a smart gun jammer would be any different.

4. If I put my tinfoil hat on I could imagine the government using satellite signals to disable all smart guns at the push of a button. If I take my tinfoil hat off...I can still imagine it. You still get to own your gun but the government decides when you get to shoot it.

No thanks, Eric, I'll pass.

Voting is more than just pushing a lever and the people voted into office has consequences. The mindless non thinking gullible masses have made their choice.

From a link to the article:
"Others have suggested manufacturing GPS tracking and RFID chips into every gun. RFID chips transmit location data and are used by law enforcement agencies to send automatic alerts if a weapon moves away from the tracker, indicating that the gun is lost or stolen."

These CONTROL FREAKS must be stopped. What next? RFID chip and bracelet technology to access your fridge to save you from gaining too much weight? The govt. tracking your bowel movements?

These CONTROL FREAKS must be stopped. What next? RFID chip and bracelet technology to access your fridge to save you from gaining too much weight? The govt. tracking your bowel movements?

Well, you've certainly added some ideas as to what can be done with this concept. Like where to put the RFID chip! :D

We should all volunteer to test the program.

Then box them all up together and ship 'em down to Mexico. I wonder if Holder will realize the irony.

Would make it pretty easy to know who's carrying at a glance. Horrible idea that will never come to fruition. I think that stupid people should have to wear bracelets so they could be identified at a glance. Holder could be the model sporting that one on the packaging. I told my wife that Holder looks like a sloth, and I'm probably not the only one to make that comparison. Look up "Eric holder looks like a sloth" I did. I was right.

From a link to the article:
"Others have suggested manufacturing GPS tracking and RFID chips into every gun. RFID chips transmit location data and are used by law enforcement agencies to send automatic alerts if a weapon moves away from the tracker, indicating that the gun is lost or stolen."

Most likely in your forehead or wrist.

Bogus stuff. The electronics are just an additional switch that can be removed.

Pull the electronics out of the gun, jam blocking links out of the way or enabling links into position, or wire the trigger to be the switch.

I do not expect to see any firearm that cannot be converted from a Holder gun to a normal gun.

Bogus stuff. The electronics are just an additional switch that can be removed.

Pull the electronics out of the gun, jam blocking links out of the way or enabling links into position, or wire the trigger to be the switch.

I do not expect to see any firearm that cannot be converted from a Holder gun to a normal gun.

They know electronics devices can and will be defeated but they are targeting, as usual, law abiding citizens/ gun owners with this crap.

They want owning and using a firearm for SD as inconvenient as possible for the average Joe! They want so many confusing laws and restrictions including "smart gun" technology that you will be in fear of being locked up as a felon for using a gun in the way intended. They want owning a real gun to be a crime.

If we're lucky a neutered down low caliber "Smart Gun" will be allowed to a VERY select few on a limited basis after an extensive waiting period and BG check ,including anal probe!

If after jumping through all their hoops you're deemed worthy and you can afford whatever fees they require,
it's all yours! One shiny new smart gun and matching bracelet.

Better start getting that ammunition request paperwork filled out next, that takes even longer!

This is our future if current trends continue, Some States sooner than others of course!

All we need to do is disassemble one and put it on Youtube and the whole rationale for "owner use only" will evaporate.

Then a short video of a young girl playing with her mommy's jewelry which includes the activation bracelet and noticing that mommy has left her gun next to the jewelry because it is safe without the bracelet in her jewelry. Duh!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top